1966 Ford F100 ALH build

CF-FZD

TDI
03 Jetta
Transmission #1 and 2 have gone in the trash. Apparently the little Toyota G52 can't handle this much torque of a 27psi TDI.

[/IMG]

I found my 3rd transmission of the summer for $250. A Toyota W58 from a 80's supra, I used the bell housing from the G52 cut the shifter hole a little and moved the trans crossmember back an inch. The sports car trans is geared quite a bit higher then the truck trans but it will have to do. I hope the W58 stays together better then the G52's did. I've put 100km on the W58 so far and 5th gear is noticeably taller.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Lets hope this one lasts a little longer for you. do you think its a matter of the gearing in the trans not being compatible with the torque at such low RPMs? or are you just hammering on it and they are breaking from rough use?'

would a rear end ratio change help things perhaps?

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Which gear is stripping out?

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
Looks like 1st gear. Drag racing. :)
that's actually the input gear, first gear is farther down the line ... however power flow travels through the input gears for all forward gears and reverse except fourth which bypasses the cluster entirely and goes straight through the mainshaft... this is why a car with a stripped input still pulls in fourth

Last edited: