Do 18" BBS RC's require spacers on my TDI?

Skullbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 sportwagen
Was gonna put some 18" RC 's from the GLI on my TDi jetta, do I need spacers? Will they sit the same? What about rubbing?

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
They'll fit without issue.

As long as the tires are the correct (or close to it) size for plus-sizing. You should be running 225/40/18 tires in order to keep the same (or similar) overall diameter. That said, you can change the size slightly. I've been running 235/40/18 tires and find the ride a little less harsh, the extra "meaty" tires fill the wheel wells better and the extra width and tire height add a little extra safety in case of accidental curb rash ... although I haven't needed it yet!!

Skullbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 sportwagen
I also noticed how high the car still sits above the tires.. Will have to consider lowering it. Never ends! Anyone know if different wheels and lowering changes the alignment specs? I have one of those lifetime alignments with Firestone. Would hate for the to tell me they can't do a modified car..

where2

Veteran Member
TDI
One '13 JSW_TDI & One '04 Variant_TDI
I've also got 225/40/18's on the BBS RC's under my MkIV Wagon. No issues for me. I found a college kid unloading them so he could run some BBS 3 piece rims on his MkIV. Yes, there is wheel gap. There's wheel gap on all the SUV's I park between in the parking lot at work...

Are the 40 series harsh in comparison to the 65 series stock tires? Absolutely!

Should the alignment specs change if it is properly lowered? No.