Diesel Geek Short Shifter

letterman52

Veteran Member
TDI
Looking for one now
So I used to have a Diesel Geek Short Shifter on my 05 gti 1.8t. I recently picked up an 09 Jetta TDI 6 speed. I was wondering if anyone has a diesel geek SS installed in a car like mine. I know they make them for it. I am just curious how the install would differ if any. I read DG's instructions and they seem to cover all models and platforms. I am just looking for feedback on the install and function for those of you that have it. Thanks.

Install DIY:

http://www.dieselgeek.com/sigmasixinstall.htm

Info page:

http://www.dieselgeek.com/servlet/Detail?no=274

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
Wow I did not know they would fit the 09's as well. I have that exact one on my 06 5spd and love it. Throws are short direct and to the point if you know what I mean. They feel solid with a bit of notch, also the side to side is very reduced as well. I could not ask to improve that shifter at all, it is great.

Lol I sound like an advertisement for it...:D but for real it is well worth the cost and the sort of pain to install.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
letterman52 said:
Anything special that is not covered by the DIY I posted?
Other than bloody knuckles, no I don't think so. :D But ohh so worth it.

Tips? Follow the instructions very closely, and make sure you have the right tools, as tightening the Allen bolts while holding the nuts on the other side is kind of hard even with the right tools. Do not over tighten the Allen screws at first, and as always be careful not to over tighten them in the end and strip them in case you should need to start over and readjust the position of the cables.

That is about all I have; anybody else who has installed one have any gotchas?

letterman52

Veteran Member
TDI
Looking for one now
Well I have done the install on my 05 GTI as I briefly mentioned above. I was asking if there is anything engine specific with the TDI that is different.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
letterman52 said:
Well I have done the install on my 05 GTI as I briefly mentioned above. I was asking if there is anything engine specific with the TDI that is different.
Sorry I think I looked over that 1st sentence of your first post, my mistake :eek:.

I would not think there is any difference; not sure it makes any difference unless the gearbox or shifter cables are not the same style, and they should be the same... So if the same kit fits both models (tranny spec. which it does) then the install would be the same.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Call Jim. Contact info on DG's site.

He's always very responsive and willing to help!

Tony

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
The Sigma 6 fits the '09 Jettas just fine. The kit will come with side to side bushings for the side to side bracket since VW switched to plastic side to side brackets in 2008 and eliminated these bushings. Just make sure to pick "2008 or newer" on the drop down menu when you check out else you will not get these bushings with your order.

Sold several S6 to 09 owners.