No acceleration, pedal to floor

charlieruu

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI Automatic, 239,000 miles
So I've been coming across this problem every once and awhile. Let me give some background first. I have a P0722 because I need to replace my G68 sensor. About every 1 in 5 times I start my car and when I start to drive off it feels like my car has no boost whatsoever. It's an automatic. When I'm attempting to drive off it makes a very strange noise and then once I get up to speed it's fine and it drives like normal (Besides the P0722 no shifting) It takes about 20 seconds to get to 25 mph. I don't really know how to explain it well but it seems concerning.

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
vacuum leak, bad actuator, bad turbo, bad n75. I’m going through the same thing right now. My vacuum lines have completely deteriorated. All split where they go into the fittings. I actually removed the line going to the actuator completely and I can’t even begin to get vacuum on it, so I haven’t even tested the actuator yet. I’ll be replacing all the vacuum lines today, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he actuator is ok. This is my 2nd actuator at this time.

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
The weird thing is that the car runs fine until I hit long rolling hills, so I have no idea how the actuator is working at all with the line that’s attached to it.