door locks - some work, some don't???

TDI
05PASSATGLS
Hey all,
So just bought an 05 passat wagen TDI with 68K mi. After bringing it home I noticed that the door lock switch works intermittently. When using the key fob, only the pass side front door locks.
When I hit the unlock button, the doors sound like they are unlocking with the exception of the pass front door. It does not unlock no matter if I use the key fob or the button on the door. It only unlocks by manual opening the handle.
The other weird thing is that the driver's door lock will not go down if I manually push on it to lock.
Any thoughts? a safety sensor? bad door lock switch?

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
Door lock actuator is probably seized.

I like to change the coding with VCDS so all doors open when key is removed, and all open with one key fob press. Not the best if your worried about car jacking I guess, but exercising all the door locks regularly keeps them working well. Use it or loose it.

If its not seized, search for huge thread here. "stupid 3$ door switch". Lot's of info about fixing the module for cheap if you don't want to replace. 4 micro-switches in a door lock module if I remember correctly.

pdtdiarl

TDI
golf4
If the light inside doesnt turn off when you close the doors, could be the door switch.

VCDS will tell you more.

TDI
05PASSATGLS
the lights turn off.
when I hit the lock button on the door you can hear the locks trying to activate but they don't lock/unlock. when they do activate, the passenger will lock but will not unlock.
the key fob has the same effect. the driver's door does not lock at all and cannot be manually locked.
trying to find a shop near me that is trustworthy and not stick it to me.