Discounted TDI oil locator thread

CopaMundial

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon 5sp (New to me Oct 2014) 03 Jetta 5sp (RIP Aug 2014)
Pep Boys current ad has Shell Rotella T6 2-pack discounted (on top of Shell mail in rebate)

$39.98 / 10 quarts

Ad shows that price runs from Apr 30- May 27

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I'm fairly new here. What are the specs on this motor oil? classification?
Well, I don't know all the specs of T6 but whatever they are they are not and do not meet VW 504/507 and it is not VW approved for your engine. :mad: use it if you like your car will not explode. Long term you may have an exhaust component premature failure. ie. dpf.

Last edited:

2015GSW

TDI
2015 GSW TDI DSG
Mobil1 ESP 0w30 for $4 a quart after rebate!

There is a great deal on Mobil 1 ESP 0w30 for $6 per quart at Napa Auto Parts until May 31st. Went I went to a local Napa yesterday, they were out of stock at that store but they brought it from another store 15 miles away this morning. If you don't have a Napa nearby you can order a case of 6 for $43 at Summit Racing, with free shipping on orders over $99 otherwise $10 shipping. Mobil 1 ESP 0w30 is an approved VW 50700 low ash oil.

https://www.mobil.com/english-gb/passenger-vehicle-lube/pds/glxxmobil-1-esp-0w30

Don't forget you get a $12 rebate from Mobil for 5 quarts of any Mobil1. You can get up to 2 $12 rebates. Napa does not stock any Mobil1 filters. Ignore the list of participating retailers, it's not a complete list.

https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/17-off-motor-oil-march-may-2018

Last edited:

ChiTownJimbo

TDI
2012 Passat SE TDI
Thats a great deal for 507 oil, but any concern running the thinner oil in my 2012 Passat TDI, especially now with summer here?

Last edited:

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Thanks for sharing. As an aside note I called my nearby NAPA store and ask the to read me the back of the bottle spec approvals and VW 507 was not listed. So I wonder if there has been a change of formulation to get the VW 507 approval or not. I also called ExxonMobil and the person on the line could not tell me if the formulation has changed recently or not to meet VW 507.

For somebody who has recently purchased the Mobil 1 X1 ESP 0W-30, could you please post a picture of the back of the bottle with the approvals.

There is a great deal on Mobil 1 ESP 0w30 for $6 per quart at Napa Auto Parts until May 31st. Went I went to a local Napa yesterday, they were out of stock at that store but they brought it from another store 15 miles away this morning. If you don't have a Napa nearby you can order a case of 6 for $43 at Summit Racing, with free shipping on orders over $99 otherwise $10 shipping. Mobil 1 ESP 0w30 is an approved VW 50700 low ash oil.
https://www.mobil.com/english-gb/passenger-vehicle-lube/pds/glxxmobil-1-esp-0w30
Don't forget you get a $12 rebate from Mobil for 5 quarts of any Mobil1. You can get up to 2 $12 rebates. Napa does not stock any Mobil1 filters. Ignore the list of participating retailers, it's not a complete list.
https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/17-off-motor-oil-march-may-2018

ChiTownJimbo

TDI
2012 Passat SE TDI
I just bought 10 quarts for 59.99, and got $24 rebate back. $3.60 a quart for Mobil 1 ESP is pretty damn good. It does not have VW 507 rating. But it has MB's ratings, and is full of text about being safe for all new diesel engines with diesel particulate filters. F' it Im going for it for the price. If I blow up my NMS Passat Ill let y'all know. Oil just changed at 137K. Cheers brethren.

ChiTownJimbo

TDI
2012 Passat SE TDI
I just bought 10 more quarts :) Im good for 4 oil changes now.

My MPG went up quite a bit. I know they are both 30W when the engine is hot, and it shouldnt make any difference, so dont flame me. But I have NEVER got 44.7 MPG average on my 1 hour (non-freeway) morning commute. Ever.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I just bought 10 more quarts :) Im good for 4 oil changes now.

My MPG went up quite a bit. I know they are both 30W when the engine is hot, and it shouldnt make any difference, so dont flame me. But I have NEVER got 44.7 MPG average on my 1 hour (non-freeway) morning commute. Ever.
Are you accounting for temperature and wind? I would submit that those would be far greater contributors than the slight viscosity difference between 0w30 and 5w30.

Litemup

TDI
16 Touareg
Vw 507 00

Where in the US can I purchase the Oil that meets VW 507 00 Spec? All I find is Castroil on Amazon.
Every Auto Parts Store I’ve been to locally has nothing.

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
My local Autozone carries Pentosin 5w30 that is 507 spec, as well as Pennzoil Euro LX 0w30 that is also 507. Search around and you may find something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Point taken, although it is 51+5 shipping for the 2015+ kits.

The Amazon Prime deal is good because of the free shipping but you still have to buy a filter and plug. I didn't check Amazon prime for those. Last but not least IDParts is a TDI Club forum sponsor which helps keep these forums free. Amazon is not.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The Amazon Prime deal is good because of the free shipping but you still have to buy a filter and plug. I didn't check Amazon prime for those. Last but not least IDParts is a TDI Club forum sponsor which helps keep these forums free. Amazon is not.
And an extra quart. The link provided is only 5 quarts. Amazon is $57 once you add the extra quart (more than ID parts) and you still haven’t bought the filter or plug. Plus ID parts throws in a pair of rubber gloves and a service reminder sticker and you can also get the free EA288 drain tool. No brainer to go ID Parts if you’re trying to save money.

Last edited:

Wasserpest

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Jetta SW 6MT, '15 Jetta DSG
And an extra quart. The link provided is only 5 quarts. Amazon is $57 once you add the extra quart (more than ID parts) and you still haven’t bought the filter or plug. Plus ID parts throws in a pair of rubber gloves and a service reminder sticker and you can also get the free EA288 drain tool. No brainer to go ID Parts if you’re trying to save money.
Got it... and agreed.

The free EA288 drain tool is $10, correct? https://www.idparts.com/oil-filter-drain-tool-ea288-p-6949.html Unless I am missing something (again, lol).

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG

Hey Buddy,
It's a pleasure to be on the same page with you for a change lets try and keep it that way:):cool:

In the past I was buying 5 liter jugs of Ravenol VMP (99% PAO base oil) when they were selling for $25.00 per jug if you bought a case of 4. 100 bucks for 20 liters, and if your order was over 100 bucks they shipped it for free. Now the price has gone way up and when I need 507 spec oil I don't even shop around I just order from IDParts. There shipping is very reasonable. Nuff said.

Last edited:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hey Buddy,
It's a pleasure to be on the same page with you for a change:)
Let's try and keep it that way.:cool:
No problems.

The drain tool became a free option after I ordered a 10k service kit on ID Parts. I’m not sure if that was a limited time thing. Try adding them all to your cart and see if it shows as free. I got two of them that way for free. Don’t tell Peter. :D

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
No problems.

The drain tool became a free option after I ordered a 10k service kit on ID Parts. I’m not sure if that was a limited time thing. Try adding them all to your cart and see if it shows as free. I got two of them that way for free. Don’t tell Peter. :D
When I purchased a winter front for my Passat they had a very limited supply. They double shipped. So I contacted them. They supplied a return ticket for the second one and a free gift certificate (25 bucks) for being honest about the extra item they shipped to me by mistake.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Drat, I just checked and the free deal appears to be over. It’s $19.99 regularly.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
It's an interesting discussion, but we should stick to posting deals only. I got in trouble with the moderator last year about going off-topic.

Last edited: