Stiff brake pedal feel when starting car

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 (A3) TDI SEL Premium (Reflex Silver / Moonrock)
Does anyone know the part number for the brake booster vacuum line and check valve? Or where to find a parts diagram for the vehicle.

My dealer asked me to bring it in next week to check it out and will ask VW for assistance to fix the stiff brake pedal. I think I will let him point it out to me and assuming they would want to charge me for the repair (as I am at 43k mi), I will buy/install the parts myself.

2013 Passat TDI SELp

Thanks !

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
My Touareg does the same thing with the stiff brake pedal. The Passat does, too, but it's no big deal since it isn't KESSY.

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
Does anyone know the part number for the brake booster vacuum line and check valve? Or where to find a parts diagram for the vehicle.

My dealer asked me to bring it in next week to check it out and will ask VW for assistance to fix the stiff brake pedal. I think I will let him point it out to me and assuming they would want to charge me for the repair (as I am at 43k mi), I will buy/install the parts myself.

2013 Passat TDI SELp

Thanks !

Still looking for these parts. Are they VW only?
Someone suggested using a ACDelco 90304535 GM Original Equipment Power Brake Booster Vacuum Check Valve as it is only 13$.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I just started today as Parts Manager at Findlay North Volkswagen in Las Vegas.

When I get into work tomorrow, I will look up the part number and retail price for you.

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
I took it to Pete Moore VW in Pensacola. The service guys said "Recommend Vacuum Supply Line". no part number and $111 for parts and labor. I figured it would be easy to find and easy to replace so I asked them not to do it.
Thanks for your help !

Where can you find Parts Diagrams or Microfiche ? I used to be able to find these things in minutes, am I getting old?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I just started today as Parts Manager at Findlay North Volkswagen in Las Vegas.

When I get into work tomorrow, I will look up the part number and retail price for you.
Congratulations on the new gig! :cool:

Duck_Toller

TDI
2015 Passat SE
561612041C does not seem to fit a 2015 with the MT. I've searched around and cannot find a vacuum tube with check-valve for this model.

Any expert advice?