Make sure you read the alarm section!

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
I had to do some speed reading tonight when I accidently pushed the red panic button on the fob of my Passat. Now here is the car, snug in my garage, but its embarassing none-the-less in a quiet neighborhood with its circus of sights and sound. Finally figured out how to stop the blinking horn light flashing mayhem. My American cars alarm system act differently in this regard and both work simularly despite being GM and Ford. Another thing learned at least at home and in the garage!

CarlUman

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Touareg
So how did you stop the panic? I just assumed it would need to be held in until it stopped (like other I've used).

Thanks

houstondriver

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 05 TDI
Maybe I missread the question, but when I accidentally pushed my panic button the first day I got the car, I just pushed it again and it stopped. I've never had a key fob before but thought they all worked similar to that.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
In my case I got a touch rattled when it went off and I some how stupidly started it again and that is why I had to look it up.

houstondriver

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 05 TDI
Easy to do. Actually, I think the salesman may have told me how to use the panic button when I picked up the car, and that could have been fresh in my mind at the time.

I probably would have looked in the manual if I wasn't sure too. After I adjusted the power side mirrors the day I got it and found out two weeks later when I decided to read the manual that the setting I thought was off was really the heating element, I read before I touch now too