TDIFest 2012, Where will it be?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Time to start a new thread?
TDIFest 2013: Where will it be?

If you already have been planning, and it's far enough along that it might be do-able for 2012, submit it.
The submission deadline for 2012 is approaching fast!

Last edited:

johnboy00

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon, 2004 Jetta, 2003 Jetta wagon
There is no such a thing as a serious proposal until it actually gets submitted. 2013 is a long way off and things can change. Even though there has been some talk of a 2013 NH fest, that should not stop anyone from planning to put together their own proposal for 2013.

From what I understand and have seen, the amount of talk about proposals has far exceed the number of actual proposals submitted. I believe, on at least one occasion, TDIFEST was nearly scrapped except for a last minute effort by some veteran members to put together a proposal.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
From what I understand and have seen, the amount of talk about proposals has far exceed the number of actual proposals submitted. I believe, on at least one occasion, TDIFEST was nearly scrapped except for a last minute effort by some veteran members to put together a proposal.
As long as there is at least one submitted proposal, I do not see any harm coming from brainstorming about future proposals. Idle proposals and promises are, of course, the only potential problem.

I can understand why so many members are apprehensive about encouraging discussion since past Fests have come close to being cancelled before they even began. However, this is not necessarily evidence of a trend.

Hopefully in the future, we will all use this procedure: trust, but verify. :)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Michigan is more than OK by me. Love going there. In fact we're going to try out the proposed Fest Marriott in January when we go to the NAIAS (did I get that right?).

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Regarding Michigan, I agree with the above sentiments. Very fond memories including Hondo's GTG way back in the day. Looking forward to staying at the Ypsi Marriott for a few days for the auto show GTG in January (see Auto Show/NAIAS thread in the Mid-West forum). :cool:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
bring it to iowa
ill bring beer
2012 has already been decided: (Ypsilante, MI)
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=337894

If you want to see the 2013 TDIFest in Iowa - it's time to start working. You have to get together enough volunteers, a possible venue, and submit a proposal. There are several threads here about how to go about doing this. It takes a lot more than beer to put on a TDIFest.:rolleyes:

Have Fun!

Don