1.9 TDI ALH short block *needed* asap

digz24

TDI
1.9 TDI ALH
Anyone have info on where to find one of these
In the Seattle-Portland-Vancouver BC area?
In desperate need ??????

Cheers
Shane

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta, 2003 Bora 1.8T
Shane
I have one ( a spare )in Kelowna BC ( 4 hours west of Vancouver)

Send me a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
If this doesn't work out, Aaron may have some factory units still in the crate at his warehouse at Cascade German Parts, near Portland. A plain IDI block is the same thing as the ALH you just pull the rods and pistons and swap out them out for ALH. Did that and it worked out just fine...

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
If this doesn't work out, Aaron may have some factory units still in the crate at his warehouse at Cascade German Parts, near Portland. A plain IDI block is the same thing as the ALH you just pull the rods and pistons and swap out them out for ALH. Did that and it worked out just fine...
You sure you aren't thinking of a different engine? All the VW IDI motors that I know of were from a completely different engine family with the vacuum pump in the block and had an intermediate shaft.

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
I would be real careful about that craigslist item. Can't really tell for sure, but that engine looks a bit cheesy to me. Whenever I see a 3-hole head gasket, I think it's someone who doesn't know how to check piston deck height. And that head looks like it could be Chinesium to me. I always think if they can't take a clear picture, they are trying to hide something. An old OEM TDI head is 100x better than a 'beer can' CRAP head.

We have plain blocks that are bored and honed with torque plate to fit pistons we have in stock. Nural pistons. The block would need to be decked for piston height.

You haven't given a single bit of detail. What happened and how much damage? You'd be surprised what we are capable of accomplishing.

Of course, the TDI and IDI are not interchangeable.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
An OEM ALH head would have the part number cast into the middle rib on the front (the side you are looking at in the picture).
And it ain't there.

Last edited: