Basic tdi questions, Cookies will be awarded

tophergrace

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
1. Am I right in assuming that the one on the rear goes to the top of the radiator and the one on the side of the block goes to the bottom?

2. I'm assuming that the one with the bolt is the feed line correct?

3. it's 100% ok to turn this like this correct. with the engine mounted this

4. I honestly have no idea what this is

bjleger

TDI
'03 Jetta Autotragic
#1 I would have to look.
#2 as seen in the picture, the connection on the left of the pump is the feed from the fuel supply. the connection on the right is the return to the tank and the return of extra fuel from the injectors(small line)
#3 is OK to rotate the banjo fitting and the hard return line is normally rotated 180 degrees to wrap behind the pump.
#4 IDK

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
What kind of gasser body is this?

1) correct
2) vertical fitting is feed. Curved fitting behind nut is return line, and is normally routed behind the IP and pointed to right side of car.
3) see above
4) see first comment. This looks some kind of air pump or vapor recovery rig

tophergrace

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
#1 I would have to look.
#2 as seen in the picture, the connection on the left of the pump is the feed from the fuel supply. the connection on the right is the return to the tank and the return of extra fuel from the injectors(small line)
#3 is OK to rotate the banjo fitting and the hard return line is normally rotated 180 degrees to wrap behind the pump.
#4 IDK

Cool thanks for responding! Right now the #2 was the most important to me

tophergrace

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
What kind of gasser body is this?

1) correct
2) vertical fitting is feed. Curved fitting behind nut is return line, and is normally routed behind the IP and pointed to right side of car.
3) see above
4) see first comment. This looks some kind of air pump or vapor recovery rig
it's a 98 a4

1) Awesome! I can proceed in mock-up
2)just wanted to make sure I got that right
3)Understood where It went but I need it to face firewall but if that one is just return I dont see any problems
4) 98 a4