GTG. August 29th. another pig roast.. WooT!!!

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
GTG. August 29th. another pig roast.. WooT!!! JEFF (RC) WILL BE HERE!!!

title says it all.. same place as last time..

We'll provide the grill, beer, tables, horseshoe pit, lots of space, music (feel free to bring cd's and whatnot), and a big fire pit.. You guys bring everything else, lol.. There will be a contribution bucket again for those of you that don't know what to bring.. That worked out well last time. every little bit is much appreciated..

there will be plenty of room for camping, everyone is welcome to stay the night..

Here's where it is.. 41.334184,-74.76612

6 georgi circle, milford, pa 18337

Saturday, August 29th
Rocketchip is confirmed! :D

and maybe into sunday too..

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
What, not going to TDIFest? :( I was hoping to meet you there for helping out TJ last month.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Yeah dude, you're killing me!

We want to make it to one of your GTGs...but the Fest...geez....Peter and T Red have 100% attendance...

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hamsterdiesel said:
Yeah dude, you're killing me!

We want to make it to one of your GTGs...but the Fest...geez....Peter and T Red have 100% attendance...
the fest is the week after my gtg.. Ours is on the 29th, the fest is sept 4th-6th as far as I know..

ch0psh0p

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 5spd 1.9l TDI Beetle, 2011 TDI JSW, 2dr TDI 5spd Golf
Nice, I will make sure to bring plenty stuff. Is there a list started yet, of what is being brought?

Also, I have a small PA system for music if needed.

Last edited:

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
TDIJetta99 said:
the fest is the week after my gtg.. Ours is on the 29th, the fest is sept 4th-6th as far as I know..
True...but I can't get off two weekends in a row right now...:(

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
This will be a nice way to end what is typically a VERY long and stressful month of August at work ;) Can we count on Joe to be there producing incredibly tasty edibles as usual????? *crossing fingers*

dddiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta
Jason, I'll make it! I've been wanting to talk to you about some work on my TDI anyway.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ofhs93 said:
This will be a nice way to end what is typically a VERY long and stressful month of August at work ;) Can we count on Joe to be there producing incredibly tasty edibles as usual????? *crossing fingers*
Joe's gonna be there.. right now it's about 90% probability, but I think it'll change to 100% soon.. haha

ACHTUNG TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Sedan, Silver (sold); 2016 Jetta TSI 1.8t Sport, 5 sp, LP; 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon (wife's)
Jason, I look forward to another GTG with a pig roast. Maybe you should call these Swinefest.

The Jetta is doing fine thanks to all your rear axle work. The rear axle bushings do make a noticeable difference. Car is quieter in the back and the ride is a bit more comfortable. Of course with the FSDs it will never be and shouldn't be cushy.

The biggest improvement was the rear sway bar. Corners much better. I still need to work on my A/C drain. It drains but rather slowly. I may have an internal clog. I'll remove glove box and fan and see if any fragments of my grenaded HVAC fan are stuck in the drain tube.

Thanks again for the great work, and the location of the cheapest sodas in your area!:)

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
I need to put in for a personal day on that Saturday... as soon as it comes back approved, I'll let you know...

If I get the day off, I will do what I did last time.... Cook for 10 hours....

Vinyl_Addict

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
nice to finally catch this in advance, should be there.

is this a non working gtg? If it isn't and anyone knows how to do body work and would like to show me a bit i'd be a happy camper. I have 1 well rusted 98 jetta to use.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jay, I think the only thing missing from your last pig roast was a live band.... ;-)

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
TDIJetta99 said:
Haha, bring 'em...

We were missing the fire jump too... We'll have that this time..
Weather permitting of course ;) Let's hope there are no hurricane force winds to blow the 40ft high flames 40ft sideways this time.....in the direction of any canopies that might be up ahem.....*cough* hehehe.

PS: Thanks for helping me out the other day. That was just one of a number of sucky things that happened that day.

eliass

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Jason you are the man, thanks again for installing the fuel pump for me at Ho5G GTG. I'm planing on coming to this GTG too.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
TDIJetta99 said:
Haha, bring 'em....
I dunno man... if I can get the drummer to bring his ass down from college for that weekend, we may have some live tunes.... no promises but I'll talk to the guys and see what they say.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Joe TDI said:
I dunno man... if I can get the drummer to bring his ass down from college for that weekend, we may have some live tunes.... no promises but I'll talk to the guys and see what they say.
that would be freakin' sweet

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
philpayne said:
hey I'm only an hour away and wouldn't mind coming to meet a few locals :)
Cummon down man.... good times, good people, and it's a PIG ROAST!!!!

TDInownow

Veteran Member
TDI
None right now...
Boo...I'll be riding a motorcycle through NH that weekend. I was all looking forward to showing off the new JSW, too! Y'all have fun.

Getting anywhere on that Jetta yet?

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
fase2000TDI said:
I'm down if I can get the days off work. Is this at a residence? I'm coming from RI and I'd rather stay the night in a tent...
Yeah it's my brother's house.. There is more than plenty of space to camp out and everyone is welcome to stay..

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I can't frickin wait for this bro.... I am going to talk to my band mates tonight and see if we can get everyone to play for the pig roast.