GTG in Austin, TX this summer

Dr_Duse

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI Platinum Gray Auto/Trans
Robrichtx & Dr_Duse have just started to plan a GTG in Austin this summer. No date has been set yet. Please PM one of us if you would like to come and let others know.

Thanks,

Doc

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
I know I've said this before but, I will be having a "BIO BASH" at my shop some time. I just havent had time to organize it. We will plan on the following activities:

Oil titration
biodiesel test batch

Fuel filter change demonstrations on:
TDI (VE & PD)
MB 300D
Cummins
PSD
Duramax

Free Real Ale beer

Live Music

Food

I'll keep ya'll updated.

thatvwguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI & 2006 New Beetle TDI
runonbeer said:
Blah, blah, blah Free Real Ale beer Blah blah blah.
Mmmmm Beer. Count me in!

I'm just down the road about 60 miles. Let me know if you need any help with anything. I have run a few car shows before (...but hoping this is a bit more informal) Would be glad to help anyway I can.

-Dan

runonbeer

TDI
Dr, I was not able to reply to your PM (said you were not accepting PMs)

I'm gone this weekend, how about friday?

-rob

LouisianaTDI

TDI
2003 Red Jetta TDI
I'm up for a GTG....

I'm in Shreveport and will drive to Austin for a GTG. I have another TDI'er that I know will go....

-Scott

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hi,

I'll be visting my folks in Burnet, TX from June 24th through July 4th. If this GTG falls within that time frame, I'd love to meet up with you.

Scott

runonbeer

TDI
I'll try and get it set up for the first few days in July.

And don't forget about the Real Ale Brewery anniversary party on the 24th out in Blanco. Its always a blast!

-rob

fordt

TDI
03 Golf, skid plate, lift kit with Bilsteins, now +250K
Cool, I'll start marking up the calendar for the bio diesel bash, are the fuel filter changes going to be Cat conversions? If so, I may just get the parts and work along with ya. Maybe some of the other folks from Dzljet's fine GTG's can make it as well as Northern Sky..never pass up a chance to put down a few Real Pale's...and thanks for the brewery bash update..

Fordt

uberdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Night Blue Golf TDI SEL
runonbeer said:
I'll try and get it set up for the first few days in July.

And don't forget about the Real Ale Brewery anniversary party on the 24th out in Blanco. Its always a blast!

-rob
How are things looking for a first weekend of July gtg? I plan to be there if it takes place.

uberdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Night Blue Golf TDI SEL
Stealth TDI said:
Hi,

I'll be visting my folks in Burnet, TX from June 24th through July 4th. If this GTG falls within that time frame, I'd love to meet up with you.

Scott
Will the A3 stealth tdi be present, or will you be flying in?

arvina

Veteran Member
Brazoria (or as we call it, an hour south of houst
TDI
2000 Tornado Red Jetta GL TDI 200,000 miles
i dont have a car yet but id come to meet everyone, learn somethin and have a great time. im acctually looking at a car near there. be kinda cool to pick it up and go straight to a GTG.
if not id be ashamed to drive up in the dreaded honda civic

runonbeer

TDI
Yep we missed ya this year. But based on the steady rise in attendance, I'd say next years bash is even better. especially considering we only gave 10 days notice and 2 flyers at the same location.

DJGeorge

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon, 1996, White
Sorry I missed the GTG, I've been in the Austin area (Buda is just a few miles south) for about a year but I hadn't been on the site since last spring. The car had been working to well and I had been working too much.

After I moved here, I was amazed to find that Texas wasn't included in any of the regional groups. I'm glad that has been rectified.

I just totalled my B4 wagon and am going next week to take delivery on another so I'll likely be more active from here on out.

mgwerks

Veteran Member
TDI
black 1999 New Beetle
gardentender said:
i think we ought to have another one at Jim Royston's and "straighten up" his living room . . .
I remember how to get there, and don't you think that it would be easier if he wasn't there, that way it could be a surprise! And furthermore, to help in the effort, I'll bring my long bed F350 (diesel, of course) and a really big trailer to haul off the "surplus" (read: 'goodies').

Just kidding, Jim!