2005 VW Passat TDI wagon for sale

Reddude

TDI
2005 Passat wagon 2.0 GLS
First off, this car is all about the body. No rust issues, beautiful shape. It will need some work though.
The good
New tires. Pretty new batery. Sunroof. Great body....only almost 200k miles :D she was running great till now.
The bad
Started to stall and not start. May need a turbo and or one of the cylinder seals, or fuel pump.... Definitely needs a new egr cooler. I don't have good service records.
This girl deserves and owner that can put the time into keeping her on the road. Obviously I want the most I can get out of her. I took a big loss on this one. The car is in Pittsburgh. Give me a reasonable offer and I will probably take it.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
First off, this car is all about the body. No rust issues, beautiful shape. It will need some work though.
The good
New tires. Pretty new batery. Sunroof. Great body....only almost 200k miles :D she was running great till now.
The bad
Started to stall and not start. May need a turbo and or one of the cylinder seals, or fuel pump.... Definitely needs a new egr cooler. I don't have good service records.
This girl deserves and owner that can put the time into keeping her on the road. Obviously I want the most I can get out of her. I took a big loss on this one. The car is in Pittsburgh. Give me a reasonable offer and I will probably take it.

Give ya $100....

deming

Veteran Member
TDI
(2) 2005 TDI Passat Wagons
Reddude-- I know you may feel insulted or upset, but please understand as wonderful as the 05 Passat TDI Wagon may be to some of us dedicated enthusiasts--- The car is now 12 years old. Your car will need some significant money spent and skilled labor time spent to bring it back to solid working condition. At this point in time, the prospective buyer is only buying a rolling chassis. A super clean body and interior (chassis) is worth $1000-2500 based on condition ( paint, tires, interior, brakes etc.). It better sing for $2500 ! Parts and components are not free. So if someone buys your car for $1500 and spends another $5000 on parts they have $6500 in the car. Labor time and expense ? I personally own three 05 Passat TDI Wagons and I have been a member here since 2003. I am not a VW mechanic thus I pay for my labor and my parts. I can assure you by the time it is all said and done you will have $6000-$10,000 making one extremely nice and mechanically and cosmetically solid. The car in super mint condition with low miles and needing zero repairs is still only a $5000-8000 car. That same money spent goes a long way towards a new 2017 car with warranty. A factory fresh "new" Garrett turbo is $1000 alone. So before you join our forum in an effort to simply sell your car and never be heard from again; understand that we are a dedicated, informed and well educated group of enthusiasts who appreciate the engineering and VW build quality of these vehicles. Best of luck with your sale and God Bless.

Last edited:

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Reddude-- I know you may feel insulted or upset, but please understand as wonderful as the 05 Passat TDI Wagon may be to some of us dedicated enthusiasts--- The car is now 12 years old. Your car will need some significant money spent and skilled labor time spent to bring it back to solid working condition. At this point in time, the prospective buyer is only buying a rolling chassis. A super clean body and interior (chassis) is worth $1000-2500 based on condition ( paint, tires, interior, brakes etc.). It better sing for $2500 ! Parts and components are not free. So if someone buys your car for $1500 and spends another $5000 on parts they have $6500 in the car. Labor time and expense ? I personally own three 05 Passat TDI Wagons and I have been a member here since 2003. I am not a VW mechanic thus I pay for my labor and my parts. I can assure you by the time it is all said and done you will have $6000-$10,000 making one extremely nice and mechanically and cosmetically solid. The car in super mint condition with low miles and needing zero repairs is still only a $5000-8000 car. That same money spent goes a long way towards a new 2017 car with warranty. A factory fresh "new" Garrett turbo is $1000 alone. So before you join our forum in an effort to simply sell your car and never be heard from again; understand that we are a dedicated, informed and well educated group of enthusiasts who appreciate the engineering and VW build quality of these vehicles. Best of luck with your sale and God Bless.
Very well said and all so true

newlitemotorist

Veteran Member
TDI
06' Jetta TDI dsg, 445,000 miles and counting!
These are great cars when the issues have been handled but like deming has already stated, it will take some cash and a willing hand to do it right.

This one looks to be pretty clean but we need interior pics!

Must.... not....be tempted, man I miss my old wagon! :(

Good luck.