Royal Blue Diesel Injector Cleaner

> Luke <

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2011 TDi DSG
This week end I'll be reaching 5,000 miles on the latest oil usage, from the last change. I'll extract a sample and submit for oil analysis. I should have the results at the end of the week.

As a side note, I've noticed (as reflected on my spreadsheet) an increase in miles per gallon usage, after adding a fuel injector cleaner also having a cetane booster. My miles per gallon as gone from 51.3 to 52.01. The increase (to 52/miles per gallon) cover the last ten times I've filled up. That covers 192.7 gallons. My spreadsheet cover everything from the time/mileage I drove off the dealership lot.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
As a side note, I've noticed (as reflected on my spreadsheet) an increase in miles per gallon usage, after adding a fuel injector cleaner also having a cetane booster. My miles per gallon as gone from 51.3 to 52.01. The increase (to 52/miles per gallon) cover the last ten times I've filled up. That covers 192.7 gallons. My spreadsheet cover everything from the time/mileage I drove off the dealership lot.
Does your spreadsheet tell you how much money you saved using fuel injector cleaner vs not using it?

> Luke <

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2011 TDi DSG
No. At this moment I'm directing my interest solely in determining if the fuel injectors are not misting the spray, as apposed to releasing a heavier spray, found in old injectors--thus possibly showing up in a reading of dilution of oil.

The oil analysis should be taking place today, with my receiving the results
tomorrow, or the day after.

I'll submit the findings upon receipt.

> Luke <

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2011 TDi DSG
Rec'd full report, but for now am just submitting the literate portion of the report. The full report will be submitted when I figure out how to add it to a message submission.

LUKE: The fuel last time was a bit of mystery, but it's a moot point in this sample because the flashpoint is high enough to show no excess fuel in the oil.

That, combined with the very low levels of wear metal present, means that this sample marks the return of the perfect report. It left for the summer, but it's back now.

The low metals show no obvious mechanical problems. Hopefully the engine is running well on your end too. Air and oil filtration are working well. There's no reason to change this oil. Add another 3,000 miles or so and just check back.

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
Good to hear all is well...sounds like an abnormally, likly caused by a couple interrupted regens right before the sample.

> Luke <

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2011 TDi DSG
Appreciate your reminder: Fully agree with you.
I was worried, though.

I may have asked this before, but, how would I post the actual sheet onto this file?

I have it on my desktop screen, but do not know how to add it to a posting here. I believe that you all would be impress with the past 5 results, in
addition to the results last week.

ApriliaNut

Veteran Member
TDI
06 pkg 1 Jetta 191k w/Malone Stage 2
Uh, might want to edit/delete the above as it's mumbo jumbo...