www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old December 6th, 2002, 08:30   #1
Bookerdog
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Not known yet
Default Oilhammer, others in St. Louis with Vag Com.

Hey all, finally got my first CEL with the car on the way home from work last night. It was about 25 degrees, so I got a good glow plug cycle. About 30 seconds of running and the light came on. Classic glow plug circuit.

Stopped and did a restart, and the second time before the CEL came on, there were three clicks from a relay on the fuse panel, acompanied by slight dimming of the dash lights. After the third one, the relay quit clicking, and the CEL came on. Since then, I haven't had a repeat of the clicking relay, but the CEL comes on each time after about 30 seconds.

No drivability issues at all, thankfully.

Didn't have a chance to do any diagnosis last night, but I'll check fuses and the GP resistance this evening. Oilhammer, or anybody else possible have time to do a scan for me this weekend? Hopefully, it will just be to confirm diagnosis and clear the CEL, but all the same. Oilhammer, if you have the time, I'd love to check/adjust the injection timing as well.
Bookerdog is offline   Reply With Quote