Pd100 atd axr big power experience

Dom4142

TDI
Fabia pd100
Hi all long time lurking this forum

I have a pd100 atd Fabia. Getting mixed messages about running big power on the standard block piston rods most people in the uk normally say just get a vrs pd130 engine code if you want to push big power I have

Fmic hard pipe kit gtb2260vk sre 4 paddle clutch for the 5 speed 02j gearbox pd150 head bolts
Looking at firad 80% looking for a power goal of 250-280bhp

So as anyone got experience with the atd axr engine codes and running big power?

bhodgkiss

Veteran Member
TDI
AFN Passat Wagon
I'd say you'll be limiting the torque for the 5spd box before the rods give up. Others will chime in I'm sure, but I'd say 480Nm max and don't bring the torque in too early (but your big turbo will already cover that!). It'll rev well so peak power should give big numbers.

If you're going big torque I'd swap in a PD130 and 6spd with LSD before you start. But you can get a safe 250bhp with your current setup (and a good tune)- which is plenty.

What power are you running at the mo (from your post above it reads that the GTB is already installed?)

Last edited:

Dom4142

TDI
Fabia pd100
I'd say you'll be limiting the torque for the 5spd box before the rods give up. Others will chime in I'm sure, but I'd say 480Nm max and don't bring the torque in too early (but your big turbo will already cover that!). It'll rev well so peak power should give big numbers.

If you're going big torque I'd swap in a PD130 and 6spd with LSD before you start. But you can get a safe 250bhp with your current setup (and a good tune)- which is plenty.

What power are you running at the mo (from your post above it reads that the GTB is already installed?)
Thanks for the reply not fitted it get

Just been collecting parts last few months it's been running a re map from r-tech last 3 years 30.000mile 141bhp 265ftlb standard vnt15 sold my old project car had some money sat around and went a little crazy went for the best clutch I could afford good for 390ftlb. Not gonna run a diff at the moment as some slip would save the gearbox I reckon. Looking for low 13's in the 1/4 car will be down to around 1050kg I hope

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
You could do an 02M conversion by getting all the bits from a Fabia vRS - box, shafts, cables, clutch etc. That would at least rule the box out.

I'm running just over 400bhp on my PD100 - but its not been a PD100 for about 11 years :D I went PD130 once I kind of saw the path I was going.