PD Chipping in Saskatchewan?

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2005, Shadow Blue
Is there anyone in Saskatchewan that can install a Chip program into a 2005 Jetta TDI-PD?

I got a quote from one guy in Calgary, but he wants the car for over 24 hrs and $600 to boot. This seems pretty expensive compared to some of the other Chip tuners!

Then we have to drive the 8 hrs to get there and also pay for a hotel for the night.

Fuel is also up to $92.9 per liter so that is putting the total cost at close to $800!

Reidler

Veteran Member
TDI
NB 2001, Black
Re: Chipping in Saskatchewan?

Not sure how long you can be without your car, but Jeff at Rocketchip will overnight ship your ECU back and forth for quite a bit less than that. Send him an e-mail and let him know your situation.

Or you could do what I did, and buy a spare ECU and have that shipped to a chip tuner, then just swap them out when needed (good for warranty work also
) I found one for my car for $100 US. Altogether I think it cost me about $350.00 US for both the ECU and the chip upgrade. After I sell my car or the warranty is run out, I can sell the extra ECU.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Chipping in Saskatchewan?

Hey Mark, why not give these guys a call <LINK> and purchase a used ECU that you can send away to have chipped? It's kinda tough to justify the expense when you break it down like you did, but this way you won't have any downtime without your car, plus you have the added ease of switching back to stock if you need to. They had a few ECU's when I called but he guy didn't know diddly about the different ECU numbers when I inquired (probably just some part-time help on the phone!) so you may have some luck. They're seem pretty cheap (2005 ECU was only $200 CDN)

Fuel is also up to $92.9 per liter
Cry me a river (preferably a diesel one!). Fuel out here on the Island is at $1.089 per litre!

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2005, Shadow Blue
Re: Chipping in Saskatchewan?

DieselInside emailed me and let me know that they do not have a program or programer for the PD ECU-16's yet. He said maybe in the spring of 2006.

I am not really interested in a Tuning box because of all the comments about the extra smoke and the reduced output as time passes and the ECU relearns.

I am still waiting to hear back from Rocketchip though.