www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old March 25th, 2020, 12:16   #16
MAXRPM
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 mpg driving like a granny on HWY-5 from LA to SF

Buying GTB2060VKLR is a good choice I recommend upgrading ,internals as well as SMIC to FMIC, from there you can go safely to others mods,I'd think stepping it up to this level these 2 mods are a must, next I'd look at clutch and tranny, but it all depend how you drive your car too,

I've never seen a (GTD)2060VKLR as mentioned here.

Last edited by MAXRPM; March 25th, 2020 at 12:19.
MAXRPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2020, 12:18   #17
swapmeat
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTdi View Post
Buy a few of them and report back when you have them all tested.
You sponsor, I知 in. LOL
swapmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2020, 12:28   #18
swapmeat
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXRPM View Post
Buying GTB2060VKLR is a good choice I recommend upgrading ,internals as well as SMIC to FMIC, from there you can go safely to others mods,I'd think stepping it up to this level these 2 mods are a must, next I'd look at clutch and tranny, but it all depend how you drive your car too,

It is what I chose. Along with 2.5 turbo back, FMIC,pd intake and race pipe, etc.
Old March 25th, 2020, 14:32   #19
MAXRPM
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 mpg driving like a granny on HWY-5 from LA to SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapmeat View Post
It is what I chose. Along with 2.5 turbo back, FMIC,pd intake and race pipe, etc.

Internals meaning Rods
Old March 25th, 2020, 15:41   #20
swapmeat
Veteran Member

Quote:
Internals meaning Rods
At work, read it wrong. Prob upgrade internals with injectors.
Old March 25th, 2020, 16:22   #21
adjat84th
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ~50 in mixed driving

Quote:
It's what's on the later 3.0TDIs and has an odd dual entry into the turbine. So, for these applications, I imagine the turbine housing is changing back to something more familiar with single entry while being able to maintain the 5th gen VNT system.

I'll go ahead and mention that the 2260vklr is very nice. I think anyone's perception of a larger turbo has everything to do with their driving style and/or expectations. I don't think it's laggy at all, but that's once you're at proper revs. Even around town though, there's enough response for my driving style and once you're above 2k RPM it's game over

'01 Jetta | 17/22, 3bar MAP, 11mm IP/Lift pump, PD 150, OMI, FMIC, PP502s, SBC st3, .685 5th, Malone Stage 5
'15 Golf | GTB2260vklr, CP3, Peloquin LSD, Sachs SRE w/DMF, Fluidampr

Last edited by adjat84th; March 25th, 2020 at 16:25.
adjat84th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2020, 19:44   #22
ducesrwld
Veteran Member

TDI(s): none

speaking from one of the few gtb2056vk's under the hood if I did it over again wouldn't hesitate to go 2260 just gotta rev little higher in shifts. not even sure the 2056's you can get anymore. better be ready to fork out some dough gets expensive quick....
Old March 26th, 2020, 16:59   #23
mrchill
TDIClub Enthusiast
Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Location: MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x 2!

I have both. I still prefer the 2060 for overall city driving and the best mileage.(between those two)

If you were traveling at the speed of light, and you turned your lights on......would anything happen?

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

You will get NOTHING! And you WILL be GRATEFUL!
mrchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2020, 19:37   #24
swapmeat
Veteran Member

Gtb2060vklr on the way!!!!!!! What are you running for injectors? I might as well shoot for 200 hp now? Reliable?
Old March 26th, 2020, 20:40   #25
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Gtb2060vklr on the way!!!!!!! What are you running for injectors? I might as well shoot for 200 hp now? Reliable?
That's great to hear. If you don't mind me asking...who did you end up buying the GTB2060VKLR from?

If 200 whp is your goal, then I would recommend installing a set of +50% Firad nozzles on your factory injectors. Those nozzles are rated for 260 bhp, which is equal to about 220 whp. (Wheel Horsepower)=whp and (Brake Horsepower) =bhp in case you were wondering.
https://www.uniteddieselshop.co.uk/v...ctors-13-c.asp
RTDI Build Thread
October 19th,2019 Cruise/GTG in Sturgeon Bay, WI
3L3M3NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2020, 21:10   #26
swapmeat
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L3M3NT View Post
That's great to hear. If you don't mind me asking...who did you end up buying the GTB2060VKLR from?
If 200 whp is your goal, then I would recommend installing a set of +50% Firad nozzles on your factory injectors. Those nozzles are rated for 260 bhp, which is equal to about 220 whp. (Wheel Horsepower)=whp and (Brake Horsepower) =bhp in case you were wondering.
https://www.uniteddieselshop.co.uk/v...ctors-13-c.asp
Well I ended up going with a got tuned one due to trying to finance a lot in a little time, (during the apocalypse, no less) I have 2 Tdis though and once I finish and get paid for a few jobs I壇 like to use pioneers manifold and build a something else. I知 gonna pm you More ans shoot the ****. Or text me? Since pd injectors are arguably expensive (mounted and setup) should I get +80 or +100 and have tuned down in case I get stupid in the future and go bigger? Lol
Old March 28th, 2020, 17:35   #27
NewTdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 58/46/39

ON their website they state "The turbo is meant to work with ~280HP, boost 34PSI. In order to reach that level of power you need to adjust your fuel, exhaust and cooling systems as well" Who are you having do the tune?
NewTdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2020, 18:06   #28
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Well I ended up going with a got tuned one due to trying to finance a lot in a little time, (during the apocalypse, no less) I have 2 Tdis though and once I finish and get paid for a few jobs I壇 like to use pioneers manifold and build a something else. I知 gonna pm you More ans shoot the ****. Or text me? Since pd injectors are arguably expensive (mounted and setup) should I get +80 or +100 and have tuned down in case I get stupid in the future and go bigger? Lol
Gotcha. Hey sometimes you have to go with what you can afford, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic that's leaving a lot of people short on funds.

Oh, I didn't realize that you had a 2nd TDI... is that one also have a PD engine in it? Or is it an earlier MKIV TDI from 1999.5-2003?

Yeah, PMs or Facebook messenger work best for me. If you prefer FB Messenger, just send me a PM with either a link to your FB page or your name, so I can track you down.

I hear you on PD injectors/nozzles being pretty pricey compared to VE injectors/nozzles. I wouldn't go any larger than the +80% nozzles for your GTB2060VKLR, since those are rated for 300 bhp or 260 whp and that's about the limit for your GTB2060VKLR anyway.
RTDI Build Thread
October 19th,2019 Cruise/GTG in Sturgeon Bay, WI
3L3M3NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:33   #29
swapmeat
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTdi View Post
ON their website they state "The turbo is meant to work with ~280HP, boost 34PSI. In order to reach that level of power you need to adjust your fuel, exhaust and cooling systems as well" Who are you having do the tune?
I知 not sure yet. No one is 田lose to me. I have emails out now. Gotta figure out how patient I知 willing to be once the parts arrive and it痴 鍍ime but seems Malone,rc, or tdtuning for tune