Baltimore Breakfast/Brunch GTG??? Jan 19th

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Michael can't make it. We'll schedule something in 3 months or so on his next trip.

I don't know if there's still interest in meeting. Please post here.

Time: Sunday January 19th 9:30am for breakfast/brunch.

Paper Moon
Cafe Hon (Hampden)

I'd like to get an accurate head count so please post if you are coming

Lito

[ January 15, 2003, 20:44: Message edited by: tongsli ]

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I expect all the usual suspects, but won't make a list in case I forget someone

Mikey, is 9:30 too early for you

L

volksviggen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS ,blue
I'll come if you take a better picture of me,too

There's also City Cafe and the Owl Bar.( What a LONG trip that would be for me ,LOLOLOL).I like the Paper Moon the best, though.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Aww, c'mon Kristen!

I LOVE this picture

L

PS Brian, you didn't say where you think we should meet

[ January 14, 2003, 20:31: Message edited by: tongsli ]

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
I am an "if". Some friends are moving to California and we are either getting together Friday or Sunday (not my call). "IF" Sunday frees up, I will be in Balto...

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
Lito, I think you owe Kristen breakfast for that.

Sunday is the day of the baby shower at our place. Assuming that I have completed my duties in getting the house in full working order by then, count on me being there.

Paper Moon will be completely packed though, and the Hon-ness at Cafe Hon is somewhat overdone (plus we swore never to go back after a nasty experience there a couple of years ago. Lets just say I don't need any extra protein at the bottom of my coffee). Golden West (also on 36th) is good but tiny.

Double-T (yes, I know we went there last time) is always good for bigger groups and rib-sticking grub. Other good ones are Bel Loc diner in Towson, the Sip 'n Bite down in Fells Point.

I don't care where we go though. I'll even suffer the Hon again if that's what's decided (
). Just be aware that everyone else and their grand mother will be out for breakfast too. Gonna be hard to find a table for more than 4 without booking ahead, which most breakfast places won't do.

Maybe a coffee and bagel/muffin place would be a better bet? Something like Xando or Donna's in Charles Village?

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Guys and Gals,

Bad news. Michael has a family emergency that he needs to take care of and will not be coming for the weekend.

I'll leave it up to all of you if you are still interested in meeting.

L

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
that sucks.

However, I do have a window regulator that needs to go in, a fuel filter to change, and little tiny weeble wobble in the front left wheel to diagnose. Anyone care to repeat the silly hat competition?

Coffee and donuts to the man providing a warm garage to do this in.

golfstream

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf, 2000, Black
I'm up for breakfast with the gang if all are still interested. Pretty sure I'm free (at least in the morning), but will have to double-check with my social director to be sure.

Matt, if I truly don't have any prior commitments for Sunday, my little garage may be available. It would be a little tight working in there, but reasonably warm and definitely better than working outside.

-Mel

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
Thanks Mel.

Lito has offered space for Saturday also, but I don't know if I'll be able to get my DIY commitments out of the way in time.

Is there space in there to work with the door open?

golfstream

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf, 2000, Black
Lito doesn't have any indoor space, does he?

If you squeeze the car to one side, you should be able to get an opposite door open wide enough to work on it. Hmmm, I just thought of something, though... do you know how much longer, over all, your variant is than my Golf? I ask because to pull it in far enough to get the door down, there may not be much room between the front of the car and the workbench. But, we should still be able to make do if necessary.

BTW, I like that picture of Kristin too... it has that "come hither look/thing going for it... either that or she's just seconds from passing out from too much brew!

-Mel

[ January 15, 2003, 09:53: Message edited by: golfstream ]

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
No, but he has access to a warm cosy garage on Satuday.

Now you mention it, it might be pretty tight squeezing the limo wagon into your townhouse garage. I'd hate to ding that lovely bodywork.

golfstream

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf, 2000, Black
Originally posted by volksviggen:
You guys stink...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Well, I was reminded that I have a committment early in the afternoon on Sunday, but I'm still free for breakfast it you guys still want to get together.

-Mel

strretch

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI
ttt

I'm still in on Sunday if everyone else is. My vote is for Paper Moon even though the dismembered mannequins scare me. Fun place.

If we want to do bagel/coffee place, my usual haunt is the Daily Grind in Fells Point.

-Brian

[ January 15, 2003, 20:48: Message edited by: strretch ]

golfstream

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf, 2000, Black
Boy are you gonna get it now, Lito.

Paper Moon sounds like fun... I've not been there before. However, I checked their website and they request that you call for a reservation for parties of 5 or more. Additionally, they will not seat large parties (5 or more) until everyone arrives. So, if we choose to go there, we have to agree to be prompt.

-Mel

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
No, the bums.

I had misgivings about leaving the car there for them to check out the exhaust, when the service writer asked me if I wanted to do the 40K service and get the spark plugs changed out while it was there.

After taking 7 hours to get the car up on a lift to inspect the exhaust, she called me and said:

Mr. Wood? There's nothing wrong with your exhaust. Its a diesel, they all rattle like that.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

I told them not to touch it anymore and I would pick it up asap. Shame about that. The sales department were really cool.

I'm going to work with RC's contact at Valley Motors on the exhaust. Meanwhile, I got the right regulator from Impex and need to put it in.

As for Sunday, I'm waiting to find out if my mtb ride will be in the morning or afternoon. If its the latter, I'll show wherever you guys decide to meet.

Kristen, I'll be happy to follow Lito around with a camera if you'd like. I'm sure an equally good shot can be found.

jpltdi

Veteran Member
Matt, sorry to hear about your experience at Martens - the consensus before was that they were pretty good. Hopefully Valley will fix the exhaust (you're still under 80k, right?)

volksviggen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS ,blue
Originally posted by golfstream:

Boy are you gonna get it now, Lito.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lito is not gonna get it. He is buying me breakfast!!!

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
Sorry Guys, I won't be able to make it. I am committed to friends' going away lunch (moving to California! - they, not me) on Sunday.

Take plenty of pictures!

mikeyworks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Green, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI Blue
Alright gang, I'm in...I just need directions!!!

Anyone want to chime in to post some?

9:30, I should be there, but it will just be me as the little one and wife will be sleeping.

Lito - if you want to bring the shade then, I will pay you for it and then plan on installing it that afternoon.

Mikey

golfstream

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf, 2000, Black
OK, since Lito's probably off in some secret heated garage with Matt replacing a window regulator, I'm going to do a count and call Paper Moon for a reservation for tomorrow, Sunday, Jan. 19th at 0930 hrs. Also, please be prompt, 'cause the restaurant won't seat us 'till everyone's there.

I've got the following attending:

Kristin (on Lito's tab)
Lito
Brian
Nick
Mikey
Mel

Anyone bringing a friend/SO, please speak up quickly... Looking forward to seeing you all there.

-Mel

Edited 'cause I can't tell Saturday from Sunday

[ January 18, 2003, 15:12: Message edited by: golfstream ]