My 2011 Golf TDI

Palladin

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI w DSG
This is my 2011 Golf TDI I bought on September 12, 2010. It is United Grey with Titan Black interior which is the only interior choice, but it looks great together so I can't complain. It has the 6 speed DSG, 300watt Dynaudio with Bluetooth, and both the carpet mats and the rubber floor mat option for when the weather gets funky.

The funny thing about this is I went through the Consumer Reports Build and Buy Program to nail down the price and I thought I was dealing on a 2010. Imagine my surprise when I sat down to hand over the money I found out I had scored one of the first 2011s. They stuck with the agreed 2010 pricing as well. This thing was so fresh off the boat they hadn't even removed the shipping blocks from the springs. When we test drove it nobody could figure out why it felt more like a GTI than the previous TDI we had driven a coulple weeks prior. When I got it home I discovered the oversight and pulled the blocks out. Great ride. I downsized from a V8 Explorer that had served me extremely well for the past 13 years, but 13 MPG in a big box I didn't need any more wasn't making sense. I looked, and measured, researched and tried tem out and all the evidence led me here. I absolutely Love This Car. It is perfect in every way. I'm content.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Nice car, nice weather. I'm feeling slightly envious lol

agxster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1.9 TDi DSG (Mk.V) 2008 - RIP
Looks great, are you not missing the space and V8 rumble of the Explorer?

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Good choice~! Have you considered putting side rub strips and mud flaps on it? If you are going to own it as long (longer!) as your Ford, it's a good idea. :)

Ryephile

Veteran Member
TDI
MkVI Golf
Congrats on the new ride. :)

Looks great, are you not missing the space and V8 rumble of the Explorer?
I would imagine the interior & cargo space is pretty similar to the Explorer. Of course the Golf is the biggest car I've owned pretty much ever so I'm still not used to the abundance of space.

toddlive

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I tried posting a new thread for help but no one seems to be see my post or just ignoring it. Not sure..

I have a 2011 TDI Golf.. Has anyone had issues with your car using Oil?

That s right my brand new car is consuming 3 liters of oil every 6000 klm or so..

I am now in the process of doing 1000 km for the Dealer to find out why it is using oil.

If anyone has had this problem please let me know about what you found.

After going 1000 km the dealer is going to drain the oil to see how much is being used and this is to help aid them in finding out what next to fix if anything.

Does anyone think my engine could be damaged already?

Thanks for all your reply's.

jpsum

Vendor
TDI
I tried posting a new thread for help but no one seems to be see my post or just ignoring it. Not sure..

I have a 2011 TDI Golf.. Has anyone had issues with your car using Oil?

That s right my brand new car is consuming 3 liters of oil every 6000 klm or so..

I am now in the process of doing 1000 km for the Dealer to find out why it is using oil.

If anyone has had this problem please let me know about what you found.

After going 1000 km the dealer is going to drain the oil to see how much is being used and this is to help aid them in finding out what next to fix if anything.

Does anyone think my engine could be damaged already?

Thanks for all your reply's.

did you break in the engine properly?

tom simmonds

TDI
2011 golf/jetta TDi highline wagon
I have a 2011 Golf TDI Wagon but it has 2010 tail lights which makes me think it's really a 2010 Jetta that has been badged as a golf.
Regardless, it doesn't burn a drop of oil.
I would let your car run out of oil on the highway while doing a hundred or so and let the engine seize.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
I have a 2011 Golf TDI Wagon but it has 2010 tail lights which makes me think it's really a 2010 Jetta that has been badged as a golf.
Regardless, it doesn't burn a drop of oil.
I would let your car run out of oil on the highway while doing a hundred or so and let the engine seize.
too friggin funny.....serves him right for *****ing about his car on a thread where the new owner is soooo (justifiably) proud of his new ride...