Those of you stuck on step #15 since October....

Stumiester

TDI
98 Jetta- (sold it) 2010 Jetta Sportwagon
it's all part of the plan, people have stopped changing the oil and buying tires,
now comes the snowflakes and hunters chasing deer into the road, every car that is no longer running is a win for VW. Bought a Lexus.

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
The longer they hold me up, the more I get..... parked and not driving that POS.

zoomydu

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Nearly 2.5 months after I uploaded my docs I finally hear SOMETHING via email...and it's ridiculous:
For Volkswagen to process your claim, we need additional information. Please submit the following document by mailing or faxing it to the address or number listed below.

• Proof of Vehicle Acquisition

Mailing Address: VW / Audi Emissions Settlement Claims Processing, P.O. Box 214500 Auburn Hills, MI 48321

Fax Number: 248-754-6602
What, my title and registration aren't enough?! Plus we bought the car from my MIL...she submitted her proof of sale months ago and has also heard nothing.

Of course, there is no easy way to submit. We haven't had a fax machine in years. And no means of simply uploading. Jackholes.

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sportwagen Turned in , 2000 Z3 Coupe, 2003 Ford Expedition
Nearly 2.5 months after I uploaded my docs I finally hear SOMETHING via email...and it's ridiculous:

What, my title and registration aren't enough?! Plus we bought the car from my MIL...she submitted her proof of sale months ago and has also heard nothing.

Of course, there is no easy way to submit. We haven't had a fax machine in years. And no means of simply uploading. Jackholes.
You need a signed bill of sale.

Donald

ahfunaki

TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI Premium
The response to my email was just a copy and paste version of the OP's...

Hi Shawn,

I am an attorney with the law firm serving as the Court-appointed lead counsel representing the plaintiffs in the VW class action litigation.

I'm happy to discuss your situation with you. Please let me know the best number to reach you at, along with a good time to call. Or, if you prefer, you can reach me at (415) 956-1000, x2348.

Regards,

Marissa Oh

Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP

VW “Clean Diesel” MDL No. 2672 | Plaintiffs Steering Committee
info@vwclasscounsel.com

willysrule

TDI
98 Jetta

Same here...

cbland1979

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I just submitted an e-mail to info@vwclasscounsel.com regarding my claim. Docs submitted on 9/29, docs approved and awaiting offer on 11/2, not a peep since. Hope this helps nudge the process along. Have already had to put tires on the 2012 Jetta and will need to renew registration next month. Hoping to avoid further costs.

Buddenlee1

TDI
2014 beetle
My docs have been approved since 11/14. Ive heard nothing. I emailed the laywers also, about my situation and she must have not even readit because i wrote about my loan and that im in the loan forgiveness pile. I get nothing just throwing money away. Her response was as long as you dont drive over the milage you get a better refund at the buyback. So obviously didn't even read. Im just furious that they dont get in trouble for not following a court order. I should have them back me up when i stop make my payments, maybe i wont get in trouble. Lol

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
My docs have been approved since 11/14. Ive heard nothing. I emailed the laywers also, about my situation and she must have not even readit because i wrote about my loan and that im in the loan forgiveness pile. I get nothing just throwing money away. Her response was as long as you dont drive over the milage you get a better refund at the buyback. So obviously didn't even read. Im just furious that they dont get in trouble for not following a court order. I should have them back me up when i stop make my payments, maybe i wont get in trouble. Lol
Your car is a 2014 drive it for 2 years and then get your money then.

blackhat840

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL BLUE/Black Leather
Calling and emailing the Plaintiff Steering Committee has done nothing for me. I've spoke with a gentleman by the name of Alex Larabee and he stated that there is nothing he can do to help me, no way to escalate my claim, no one to contact, nothing but put my name on a list and provide it to the court at the next scheduled hearing. He originally sent me an email last week but I gave it another week to see if the offer would come, hoping maybe if I did not get it he would be able to do something. Nope, not a thing can be done. To top it off, he was a little rude and when I was transferred to him via his extension it sounded like he just rolled out of bed, was not professional in answering his phone in the least.

BeetleNoMore

TDI
2014 Passat, 2013 Beetle
We're in the same boat. Signed up online Aug. 7th. Had to mail docs for Beetle because I hit the mail option and was told it couldn't be undone. After 45 days of waiting for VW to upload them I was finally able to have it reset and uploaded them myself. They were accepted on 11/11 and nothing since.

My Husbands Passat docs were uploaded Oct 16th and accepted on Oct 27th. I've called several times and have been told, starting over 2 weeks ago, an offer letter should be there "any day". Still nothing. Last week I called and was told everything has been singed off and the rep even read both letters to me, but still no email or forward movement from VW. After waiting over a month I was told today no timeline for receiving an offer letter available.

This is beyond frustrating. We will not be buying new VW's. I've already replaced my Beetle Convertible with a Lexus Convertible. Have to wait for the buy back to replace the Passat.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
...i wrote about my loan and that im in the loan forgiveness pile. I get nothing just throwing money away. Her response was as long as you dont drive over the milage you get a better refund at the buyback. So obviously didn't even read. Im just furious that they dont get in trouble for not following a court order. I should have them back me up when i stop make my payments, maybe i wont get in trouble. Lol
I don't know which thread it was in, but another member has his "loan forgiveness" deducted from his settlement, so it was a wash. Not knowing your details, I don't know how that is going to work out for you. Unless you're deep deep deep underwater, it's probably going to be a wash whether you sell back today or a year from now -- except for the part about having a "free" use of their car.

Roishe Cheng

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
I just spoke to Nancy at the claims center about mine that was approved on Nov 3rd. Turns out it went to audit on Nov 11th, so it is moving. Due to the nature of the court scrutiny over this entire process, there are at least three audit points which slow things down, so they have to go to claims and then into VW and then back out to claims.

Another cause of rejection of the offer is there is a margin issue with the document (yes, she said that), which when people are printing it, cuts off three numbers at the bottom of the letter. Make sure you print preview and downscale to 90% if needed to capture every single piece of text. She said she's been through countless rejections from corporate on this.

There was another thread about also uploading all 7 pages (as one PDF as well), which I think is pretty obvious, not just the signature page, since it's an official court doc and goes into a file, they want the entire record intact.

cbland1979

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I received a very quick response from the e-mail I submitted to the VW Class Counsel. A very nice woman named Cameron Saunders from the firm Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP on the Plaintiffs Steering Committee replied that;

"Volkswagen tells us that a backlog in processing final offers has developed: they are able to verify complete document submissions quickly, but verifying payoff information for vehicles with outstanding loans is slowing the entire final offer process down somewhat. Combined with the sheer volume of claims, they are running a few business days behind, but they are working through the backlog and offers are going out. They have reviewed 200,000 document submissions to date, and as of November 18th, 40,000 offers had gone out, with more going out every day as payoff information is verified.
Please know that we are working to ensure that claims processing occurs as efficiently as possible. As you may know, the Court is overseeing this settlement, and has asked the claims processors to do everything they can to expeditiously implement the settlement terms. We are in regular contact with the Claims Supervisor and have proposed improvements that are being implemented. Staffing continues to increase, and systems are being improved. The Court has also requested class members to exercise patience at this time while the claims process is in its early days.

We expect that you should be getting an offer letter shortly. I will see if I can find anything out about the status of your claim and if I do I will let you know. In the meantime thanks for your patience."

This is the most anyone has communicated to me personally in over a month. While I am grateful for the information, I feel that Volkswagen or the group responsible for processing these claims has done more harm in remaining silent about this problem processing claims than if they would have simply informed those of us with claims that there was an issue and that processing will take longer than expected. Instead, they filled everyone with false hopes of a 10 business day turnaround and then communication went dark, all while 10 days came and went. That is one of the things that has me upset the most.

beancounter

TDI
2014 Sportwagen 2013 Beetle Conv
I received a very quick response from the e-mail I submitted to the VW Class Counsel. A very nice woman named Cameron Saunders from the firm Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP on the Plaintiffs Steering Committee replied that;

"Volkswagen tells us that a backlog in processing final offers has developed: they are able to verify complete document submissions quickly, but verifying payoff information for vehicles with outstanding loans is slowing the entire final offer process down somewhat. Combined with the sheer volume of claims, they are running a few business days behind, but they are working through the backlog and offers are going out. They have reviewed 200,000 document submissions to date, and as of November 18th, 40,000 offers had gone out, with more going out every day as payoff information is verified.
Please know that we are working to ensure that claims processing occurs as efficiently as possible. As you may know, the Court is overseeing this settlement, and has asked the claims processors to do everything they can to expeditiously implement the settlement terms. We are in regular contact with the Claims Supervisor and have proposed improvements that are being implemented. Staffing continues to increase, and systems are being improved. The Court has also requested class members to exercise patience at this time while the claims process is in its early days.

We expect that you should be getting an offer letter shortly. I will see if I can find anything out about the status of your claim and if I do I will let you know. In the meantime thanks for your patience."

This is the most anyone has communicated to me personally in over a month. While I am grateful for the information, I feel that Volkswagen or the group responsible for processing these claims has done more harm in remaining silent about this problem processing claims than if they would have simply informed those of us with claims that there was an issue and that processing will take longer than expected. Instead, they filled everyone with false hopes of a 10 business day turnaround and then communication went dark, all while 10 days came and went. That is one of the things that has me upset the most.
I got the same thing two weeks ago. They are very nice, but they won't actually follow-up or do anything else. I have been waiting since 10/26 for a offer on 2014 JSW. I was told to give them a call back in a week if I haven't heard anything. Waste of time.

SoSoTDI

TDI
2013 A3 TDI Ti
Same boat been approved since 10/26 still no offer. Just to confirm my suspicions is everyone on here owe $$ for their vehicles? I have a buddy that submitted after me but his vehicle is paid off he said he got his offer in 2 weeks after he was approved.

So is it for those who still owe Audi/ VW financial or have a lien on their vehicles the ones stuck in this limbo?

tjsadler

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SE 6m
Same boat been approved since 10/26 still no offer. Just to confirm my suspicions is everyone on here owe $$ for their vehicles? I have a buddy that submitted after me but his vehicle is paid off he said he got his offer in 2 weeks after he was approved.

So is it for those who still owe Audi/ VW financial or have a lien on their vehicles the ones stuck in this limbo?

Mine has been stuck at "Docs Approved" since 10/14 and mine is paid off but it does have a Salvage title.

beancounter

TDI

Yes I have a loan out on car.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
According to a post today quoting somebody in the know, that's exactly the situation -- payoff logjam limbo.

Geoduck

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Sportwagen
I was stuck for awhile too. I submitted my documents on 10/16 and got an email on 11/5 saying the docs were approved and they were reviewing for eligibility. I called VW on Thursday Dec 1st - only 10 minute wait time! They told me my eligibility was confirmed and they were working on my offer letter and then I got it today. So...I think things are moving along better now. Hopefully you guys will get your letters soon.

Oh...and I still owe VW for the car so mine is not owned outright.

beancounter

TDI
I was stuck for awhile too. I submitted my documents on 10/16 and got an email on 11/5 saying the docs were approved and they were reviewing for eligibility. I called VW on Thursday Dec 1st - only 10 minute wait time! They told me my eligibility was confirmed and they were working on my offer letter and then I got it today. So...I think things are moving along better now. Hopefully you guys will get your letters soon.

Oh...and I still owe VW for the car so mine is not owned outright.
I submitted 9/19, docs approved 10/26, so they skipped me to approve you. I'm happy for you, but that's not how the process is suppose to work. To make matters worse they still haven't called for payoff.

hex_915

TDI
12' TDI Sedan
I submitted 9/19, docs approved 10/26, so they skipped me to approve you. I'm happy for you, but that's not how the process is suppose to work. To make matters worse they still haven't called for payoff.
Shoot an email to info@vwclasscounsel.com, I submitted the same day as you, docs approved 10/25. I emailed the lawyers 12/1 and by 5am the next morning I had my letter. Not sure if it was just a coincidence but give it a shot. I just scheduled my buyback a few hours ago.

JGEO

TDI
2014 Passat TDI

My docs were approved 10-26 as well, just got my offer today. Signed, notarized and uploaded, the wait is on again, but making progress. Oh, the offer was also dated 12-1 and I received 12-6 so there is a delay there as well. But that date shows they hit the 20 total business day timeline. Sneaky bastages!

Last edited:

MellyWelly

TDI
13' PASSAT SEL TDI
I was the original poster on this thread and I'm happy to report that I got my offer letter this morning. After speaking with the claims counsel on Friday night I decided to call the claim line yesterday morning because I still didn't have my offer letter. I spoke with a nice young lady who advised me that my offer was coming. I asked to speak to a supervisor and to my surprise she actually did transfer me to a supervisor. The supervisor asked me if I was sure my offer wasn't in the portal b/c she could see it. She said it was created on Sunday, Dec 4th. I told her no, there was no offer letter in my portal. She said she would contact VW corporate and ask them to resend. 24 hours later the offer letter showed up in my portal. I had it printed, notarized and then uploaded all 7 pages back to them within 45 minutes. Now I'm just waiting for the email saying I can schedule my buy back appt. Here is my timeline:
docs uploaded 9/27
docs accepted 10/26
emailed & spoke to claim's counsel 12/2
spoke with 1-844 supervisor 12/5
offer letter came 12/6
I chose eft, notarized and scanned all 7 pages back on 12/6 (45 minutes later)
I have a loan with VW credit - they called for payoff on 11/23

senez

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat DSG
I called the claims hotline today just to inquire on the status, thinking I'd get nothing. The woman I talked to sounded tired, but friendly. My documents were accepted on 10/28 and I've been stuck on step 15 for a while. The woman said my documents had been approved by VW and the auditor on 11/5 and that I should've already received an offer letter. She was puzzled by the fact I hadn't. At any rate, she escalated it to her "supervisor" and said they'll call me back. I'm sure this is standard operating procedure. But interesting that the docs were approved but it's not showing up on the claims site.

Rmanrulz

TDI
2012 Jetta
I called the claims hotline today just to inquire on the status, thinking I'd get nothing. The woman I talked to sounded tired, but friendly. My documents were accepted on 10/28 and I've been stuck on step 15 for a while. The woman said my documents had been approved by VW and the auditor on 11/5 and that I should've already received an offer letter. She was puzzled by the fact I hadn't. At any rate, she escalated it to her "supervisor" and said they'll call me back. I'm sure this is standard operating procedure. But interesting that the docs were approved but it's not showing up on the claims site.
I was told the same thing 2 weeks ago and have yet to have call back or an offer
They are for most part telling you what you want to hear to get you off the phone. They have no clear cut answers nor do they really know when you will begiven offer. It boils down to hurry up and wait.

senez

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat DSG
I was told the same thing 2 weeks ago and have yet to have call back or an offer
Yeah, I figured that was the case. I'm not even that interested in the call back or the 'you should've gotten an offer already' part. I mainly wanted to know when the docs were approved (11/5). That helps me out a little that things aren't completely garbled. We'll see how it goes.

chasingleprechauns

TDI
2014 Passat, 2014 Jetta
My Husbands Passat docs were uploaded Oct 16th and accepted on Oct 27th.
Not sure if this gives you any relief, but our dates were almost exactly the same. I uploaded docs on Oct 15, and approved on Oct 25, and I got the offer on my husband's Jetta this morning. I was beyond frustrated because the docs for my Passat were uploaded and approved on the same dates, and I got an offer on Nov 22 for that one. So at least not all docs approved in that Oct 20-30 timeframe were completely lost! I wish you luck!