Anybody consider the VW GTI to replace you TDI hatch??

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive
They just reduced the price on this one. If I was a little further along on the buy back process I think I would purchased it.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
They just reduced the price on this one. If I was a little further along on the buy back process I think I would purchased it.
See if they'll house your TDI, and just swap the plates. That's what I did. :cool:

EDIT: Check that, not a VW dealer. :(

If this is what you are looking for, you won't find a better deal in this area. Maybe a Sport for a grand or so more..

Last edited:

Michael A

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Touareg TDI Executive
See if they'll house your TDI, and just swap the plates. That's what I did. :cool:
I don't want to particularly purchase another car or commit to another car until I have some confirmation or specific buy back amounts from VW.
I figure there are a lot of fish (GTI's) in the sea and If I miss this one there will be others behind it of equally good deals especially if my buyback is pushed til December or January.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't want to particularly purchase another car or commit to another car until I have some confirmation or specific buy back amounts from VW.
I figure there are a lot of fish (GTI's) in the sea and If I miss this one there will be others behind it of equally good deals especially if my buyback is pushed til December or January.
Understood.

If you have your offer, you can easily know exactly how much you will be compensated by adjusting for mileage with the calculators. I have my JSW parked at a dealer and ready to be turned on December 8th, and I know what I will be getting.

I totally understand though. I had the same issues and reservations. I just kept watching great deals getting bought up and wanted to be out in front of the next few weeks where a lot of people are going to have checks in hand (or transferred to their bank account). They assured me there was no penalty for prepay, etc. The loan actually ended up being much better than the one I have on our Golf, so my plan is to pay that one off and keep this loan.