Are fixes being scheduled?

Jetta Knight

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Auto - Sold, 2006 Jetta DSG - Sold, 2009 JSW DSG SOLD, 2013 Passat SE DSG
I took my Passat to the dealer yesterday for the Takata airbag issue. Without asking they also wrote up a work order for the emissions fix for the same visit. They did not explain to me that completion of that work would preclude me from selling the car back to VW. It would cause me to be opted out of that choice. They only explained that after I mentioned my intention to sell it back next year. They then removed that item from the work order.

Does anyone know if that is correct? If so, some people are going to be surprised when they try to sell back one year from now.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
I understand that getting the fix, and accepting the incentive, is a non-reversable alternative to taking the buyback.

they had me get on the phone to verify my understanding of that fact before starting on the fix

(the local service rep needed an access code to punch in the work. he was working from a website that led him through the various before/after photos which are part of the process of the fix.)

Jetta Knight

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI Auto - Sold, 2006 Jetta DSG - Sold, 2009 JSW DSG SOLD, 2013 Passat SE DSG
I understand that getting the fix, and accepting the incentive, is a non-reversable alternative to taking the buyback.
Thank you for the response. My guys mentioned NOTHING to me about that. They did, however, give me a loaner for the airbag problem. In fact it was a brand new Nissan Altima with only 500 miles on it.

I just called them a moment ago to re-confirm and make absolutely certain that no emissions work was being done.

codeyell0

TDI
JSW
Pretty sure the he flap in this recall is in the bottom of the air intake box. (the one that lets or blocks heated air into the intake stream.

this is a different part/system than the swirl control flap internal to the intake manifold path (which the dieselgeek fix is for)

I have the P2015 fix installed on my car. did not think of taking it off.
remove anything aftermarket. I had an aftermarket air filer drop in and they removed it. I asked why. they said it all had to be stock, basically. they didn't charge me for the filter.
i'll just keep it until mine needs replaced.

now just waiting on chase
SHOW ME THE MONEY!! I need a vacation!!

In the Red

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Wagon
Update on my fix. Second appointment was for this morning at 7 15. Get to dealer and start checking in. Come to find out dealer has not received parts yet. What a cluster ****.

4i1brow

TDI
2013 Golf 3-Door TDI
5,000 miles with fix

car drives the same lost a few miles per gallon .recieved the monies from bosch and VW. Still get over 500 miles per fillup. Drove across South Dakota at 85 MPH in an 80 MPH speed zone and had 43MPG. 60MPH=48MPG.