I need a tire

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
size 225/45-17. My rear left alignment adjustment is seized and my tire wore out on the inside. any insight on how to free that up would also be helpful, if you know what I mean. PS the mechanic told me he could not free it.
I also still have a Mk IV alternator (Aaron said he wanted it) and a Phatnoise (Adam said he wanted it). pickup in Hamilton or wait till July 14th for a drop in Cambridge (new brewery off Franklin near Sheldon)

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
What? is there some brewery get-together I was not informed about?
no, there was not. I was just mentioning that I will be in town on the 14th, doing some banking...and this new brewery has my curiousity piqued. and I could meet you there to give you the Phatnoise...

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
There is a new brewery in Cambridge? :)

Try the Tire Guys on Franklin, they can usually get any used tire that you want.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
There is a new brewery in Cambridge? :)

Try the Tire Guys on Franklin, they can usually get any used tire that you want.

hehehe, not just one, three at last count. that I know about.

thanks for the tire tip, imo!

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
I have a Pirelli P4 Plus 225 45 17

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
There is a shop in Markham at 190 Konrad Crescent selling General tires Altimax RT 43 and 120,000 km treadlife.
Your size 225/45R17 General Altimax RT43 only $655

This is for 4 tires. Prices are taxes included, eco fees included, removal, installation, mounting, road-force balancing, new valves, bags, disposal, etc... ALL-INCLUSIVE PRICING!

These tires are rated by Auto magazine "Wheels.ca" as # 2 . # 1 is a far more expensive Michelin tire.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
thank you , Rudy! I ended up getting four tires, as the right front was also shot. Turns out the rear control arm is seized on both sides. the eccentric bolt and camber adjustment bolts both seized so no adjustment possible. POS. and the 'horseshoe' on the left (driver) side also 'needs' replacing. the car needs to be bought back by VW, pronto.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Which tires did you buy Fred? The General Altimax RT 43? If so your impression.

These will be my next set since the "Hankook" factory OEM's are very noisy and according to wheels,ca the Generals are quiet.
I'm going up one size to 245.45/18 installed $ 822.00

84 GTI

TDI
2001 Jetta
There is a shop in Markham at 190 Konrad Crescent selling General tires Altimax RT 43 and 120,000 km treadlife.
Your size 225/45R17 General Altimax RT43 only $655

This is for 4 tires. Prices are taxes included, eco fees included, removal, installation, mounting, road-force balancing, new valves, bags, disposal, etc... ALL-INCLUSIVE PRICING!

These tires are rated by Auto magazine "Wheels.ca" as # 2 . # 1 is a far more expensive Michelin tire.
Would you happen to know the name of this shop?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Would you happen to know the name of this shop?
Just found out the name while doing some other search:

Joy City Tires Signature Tire
190 Konrad Cres. Unit #1
UNIONVILLE ON, L3R 8T9
(905)-604-8473

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Just found out the name while doing some other search:

Joy City Tires Signature Tire
190 Konrad Cres. Unit #1
UNIONVILLE ON, L3R 8T9
(905)-604-8473
In that same area, Consumer Tire Markham is also a very good spot to check. Very knowledgeable and have been there for years.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
In that same area, Consumer Tire Markham is also a very good spot to check. Very knowledgeable and have been there for years.
Pretty hard to beat this:

Size 225/45R17 General Altimax RT43 only $655

My next tires General Altimax RT 43 @ 245/45/18 will be out the door for
$ 820.00

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Have another read of the article. Those tires are not rated #2. There were 5 categories, in random order, with one tire picked from each category. They are rated as the top pick for an 'Economy tire'. If you are looking for an economical tire, it is the top choice, but there are probably dozens of tires that would perform better for more $$$.