Crank's no fire

simplysmn

TDI
in the process of buying a 2012 TDI sedan
Hey Guy's we have a 2012 Jetta sport wagen 32,000 miles just had 30,000 mile check up everything was fine Wife was driving today car died and won't start. crank's fine but you can tell it's not firing ? Pulled codes and it was just rail pressure code ? Any Idea besides it goes into VW Monday ?

Last edited:

pete's_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Jetta sedan Black on Black 6M, VCDS on hand
what was the code?
it might be a sensor for HPFP
you have to be more specific with questions like that.
diesel - no fuel = no go....
take it to a dealer you still under warranty.
just to be sure you didnt ran out of fuel?

simplysmn

TDI
Codes were rail pressure Diesel and no it's not out of fuel we never let it go below a 1/4 tank Wife was driving down the road and it shut off no warning or anything .
Have a fair amount of Knowledge on mechanic's just not TDI vw's I have Hand built several diesel powered truck's .

pete's_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Jetta sedan Black on Black 6M, VCDS on hand
well at that point its wild guess. here is a list of might be issues
1. HPFP
2. Lift pump
4. Air in fuel
5. Very bad batch of fuel
6. Bad fuel pressure sensor
7. bad wiring harness
8.clogged fuel filter

the list can be much longer
see where im going? you need to list the code you had.

dont take me the wrong way . im just trying to help. there is no magic switch to bring it back to life.

Last edited:

simplysmn

TDI
Well it has 1/2 tank fuel filter was just changed at 30,000.Car is Very well Cared for. I am only 1 that fuel's car's and I run same fuel in my truck and don't have any troubles .I understand what your saying right now it's a Guessing game untill VW look's it over so I will report back when I get the answer from VW . Question being that we have a 36,000 mile warr everything is covered on Motor n fuel system at this point correct ? and Thank you very Much for your advise. Like I said the code was a Rail pressure low. I did not write it down but I will see if I can find it on code reader .