Biodiesel in Palo Alto, Ca?

Anuhea

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Hey Bio users!
I'll be new to the palo Alto area, coming from Santa Barbara. Anyone know of Biodiesel station or Coop in palo alto or menlo park area? The closest i found was in San Jose. I would love to find a co-op. If anyone's got any knows about anything, please let me know! Thanks.
Anuhea

turkeyssr

TDI
none; as of 12/09/06
I know of a place in Monterey...

I can't help you north of Monterey, but if you feel like stopping in Monterey try here: 2109 Fremont St, Monterey.

turkeyssr

TDI
none; as of 12/09/06
turkeyssr said:
I can't help you north of Monterey, but if you feel like stopping in Monterey try here: 2109 Fremont St, Monterey.
Oh, and that would be called "Alliance Mart".

benpfree

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 jetta
bio-d in san mateo

Hi,
I actually live in Palo Alto also. there isn't any bio-d for sale there that I know of yet, but there is a relatively new co-op in San Mateo. the business is called MB Garage. You will want to contact Janet Migliore at MB Garage, 2165 Palm Ave San Mateo, (650) 349-2744.

My new tdi car will arrive 11/7 and I plan on joining the San Mateo co-op.

-Ben

gsh

TDI
jetta 2004 charcoal & passat 1996 silver/metallic
Anuhea said:
Hey Bio users!
I'll be new to the palo Alto area, coming from Santa Barbara. Anyone know of Biodiesel station or Coop in palo alto or menlo park area? The closest i found was in San Jose. I would love to find a co-op. If anyone's got any knows about anything, please let me know! Thanks.
Anuhea
I've heard rumor that there's one in Palo Alto but haven't located it.

Most people around the mid-peninsula use either the MB Garage in San Mateo, a co-op in Half Moon Bay or several BD fuel stations around South SF or San Jose.

I should have a co-op up and running directly west of Palo Alto in the La Honda area soon.:)

benpfree

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 jetta
south SF stations?

You wrote "several BD fuel stations around South SF"

Could you tell me where these are or any contact info?

thanks
Ben

Anuhea

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
bioTDInBENZ said:
Call 916-777-7763.

He sells the bio at $2.75/gal and is delivered in 60gallon drums to your house.
Where is this guy located? Thats awesome. That's what i've been doing in Santa Barbara, having it delivered, but for $3.25/gal.
Thanks for all the info guys!!!
Anuhea

Also, know of a good vw mechanic in Palo Alto anyone?

gsh

TDI
jetta 2004 charcoal & passat 1996 silver/metallic
Anuhea Also said:
I trust the guys at Fred's Garage in Redwood City. They're the closest TDI mechanics I know who really know what they're doing. There are several other good ones spread around the Bay Area; see threads/posts on the regional forums of TDI club for more details.

mtnsapo

TDI
98 jetta
hello guys! i am new to biodiesel, and am making my own, i am in San jose. i have done several one liter batches. looking to do my first 30 gallon batch very soon.

i own a 99 jetta TDI and a f250SD diesel as well

if any of you wnat to get together and make some let me know, i have storage capcity of about 600 gallons right now..

Brian

benpfree

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 jetta
My new TDI and bio-d in on the Peninsula

Hi All,
Well, I got my new TDI today! I'm really stoked. I went to MB garage in San Mateo and they said they wouldn't have any bio-d to sell till next week. I'm not sure what was up, but I'll check back in a week. you can see my car on my new blog: http://bensjettatdi.blogspot.com/
Also, for those of you that have used that guy for getting the fuel delivered, do you have to buy a pump on your own or does he have them? Does he come and pick up the old drum when you get more? and the fuel is good quality? that may be the way to go!
thanks!
Ben

mackwood

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta grey
Whats the deal with MB Garage. Never knew there was a place so close to me. Do you have to pay to join?? And at what cost is he/she selling bio for?? Is it odd he won't have any for a week?? I guess I should get off my ass and call.

benpfree

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 jetta
Re MB garage, I think you have to pay like $12 or $15 annual membership dues. I'm not sure about the temporary outage. If you call could post the results? I have been meaning to call but am busy. they charge around $3.20/gal I think.
-Ben

bioTDInBENZ

Veteran Member
UPDATE: from my understanding MB garage is trying to find a cheaper source for bio. So they may not have any when you try to go and fill up. Im about to pass by there today and take a look.

Also if anyone else is still interested in getting bio delivered to your house at $2.75/gal call this number. 510-712-7897

youll have to leave a message with a call back number. Say that your interested in buying bio. They dont have a delivery charge but there is a $10 deposit on the 60gal drums.

mackwood

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta grey
I just talked with the guy that sells the 60 gallon barrels and he has a 250 gallon min. That aces that deal. It would take me 2-3 months to go through one barrel let alone 4 barrels. that sucks! Too good to be true. thanks for the number though!

benpfree

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 jetta
Hi Mackwood, thanks for that info about the delivery guy. I was going to call him today. If there are folks that want to get drums delivered around Palo Alto, maybe we can work out something to get a minimum delivery from him. I'd just want one drum at a time...maybe we could work something out, I'm not sure how it would work exactly if people used up their drums at different rates. If anyone wants to work on something like that just e-mail me. Benpfree@yahoo.com
Ben

benpfree

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 jetta
hi,
today I was in santa cruz. I stopped by the USA gas station on soquel ave and filled up with B-99 right from their pump. It was great. I was $2.93/Gallon, the same price as the dino-d across the street! I am going to see if USA gas has other locations on the Peninsula where they may want to carry bio-d.

Ben

bioTDInBENZ

Veteran Member
hmm he is only selling it at 250gals? Ive bought two 60gal barrels (one for myself and the other for my mom)

Anyway, MB garage sadly went out of business so no more bioD from them guys :(