the right turbo

peppe_tdi

TDI
PD105
Hello guys, I have to change the turbo to my Golf 1.9 TDI, BKC engine, I would like a turbo that remains ready at low rpm but that it guarantees 230-240 hp reliable.

Do you think is better GT turbo or turbo GTB?

P.S. Already they are in the list S3 intercooler, injectors PD150, 2,5" DP skat and reinforced clutch.

Any advice is welcome, thank you.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
GTB for sure if you want to retain as much low end as possible. I would think a GTB2260 should meet your power goals quite well. A GTB1756 would spool earlier but would probably max out a bit over 200 whp .

peppe_tdi

TDI
PD105
Thanks for reply mate, I never understand if GTB20 or GTB22 with good remap have the same response of the 1749vb.
If no, do you think that vklr is a good choice?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
A GTB20xx should be a bit more responsive than the GTB22xx. The vklr will have better spool up due to the ball bearings. It is also water cooled, but there are mixed opinions on whether the water cooling needs to be/should be hooked up.

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
its not the length that matters, its the smaller volume and smoother flow of the tubular manifold that improves spooling of the turbo.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
With gas engines, a log manifold is better for lower rpm and spooling the turbo, an equal length tubular increased spool time and moves the powerband up. Not sure how that relates to a diesel.

daniel.

Vendor
TDI
335d : VW Golf 7 CR150+, VW lupo 1.9TDI, VW Golf 1.9TDI ALH
With gas engines, a log manifold is better for lower rpm and spooling the turbo, an equal length tubular increased spool time and moves the powerband up. Not sure how that relates to a diesel.
Keep in mind that the air doesn't know it is inside diesel engine... ;)

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
Keep the manifold as short as possible, since you dont have high heat and flow on diesel. You dont wanna loose any heat and flow. Log type of manifold has overall better flow. Usually what you loose in pulses, you win with temp and flow.

peppe_tdi

TDI
PD105
Then, for the manifold is better to choose the tubular, short is better for my intent, I only don't know which type of turbo choose, with journal or ball bearings, some advice?
Thanks for all guys.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Keep in mind that the air doesn't know it is inside diesel engine... ;)
True, but throttle blades and throttle body's affect tuning, which we don't have.

Then, for the manifold is better to choose the tubular, short is better for my intent, I only don't know which type of turbo choose, with journal or ball bearings, some advice?
Thanks for all guys.
Ball bearing is always better but costly. Nothing wrong with a good, journal bearing turbo.

peppe_tdi

TDI
PD105
Hi guys, I finally resolved thanks to your advice to buy a GTB2056vk.
in September I proceed with the installation.
I want to ask you some information: I still have the original injectors, If I working with them momentarily I will have problems with turbo lag?
Thanks to all guys.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk