M-TDI 1.9 swap Toyota pickup

Jfritz33

TDI
1990 Toyota with 1.9L vw turbo diesel
New to VW diesel, especially mechanical. Did the swap into my Toyota pickup and I'm having issues with it staying running. Did a KermaTDI k03/k04 turbo swap, manual pump, .205 injectors, EGR delete, manual boost controller, and ARP head studs. Having issues with keeping it running, I removed the in tank 22re fuel pump and ran submersible fuel hose, then used a 4-7 PsI in line fuel pump to get fuel to the injector pump. But when it's running it bogs down and dies. Then when I try to restart it right after the motor shakes really bad and won't run right. I timed the pump to spec and it seems like it's not getting enough fuel. What could it be? Any input would helps

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
Has it ever run right since you installed it?

How long has it run in this application?

Have you tried a new filter?

Bad_Vision

TDI
1985 Toyota pickup TDI swapped.
I tried running a inline pump on my TDI swap on my Toyota the injection pump destroyed the inline pump so maybe your did the same thing!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Bad_Vision

TDI
1985 Toyota pickup TDI swapped.
New to VW diesel, especially mechanical. Did the swap into my Toyota pickup and I'm having issues with it staying running. Did a KermaTDI k03/k04 turbo swap, manual pump, .205 injectors, EGR delete, manual boost controller, and ARP head studs. Having issues with keeping it running, I removed the in tank 22re fuel pump and ran submersible fuel hose, then used a 4-7 PsI in line fuel pump to get fuel to the injector pump. But when it's running it bogs down and dies. Then when I try to restart it right after the motor shakes really bad and won't run right. I timed the pump to spec and it seems like it's not getting enough fuel. What could it be? Any input would helps
Who did you get your MTDI pump from also? If it was hans in Carolina its probably blown up already.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk