Code P2564

kazenami

TDI
Golf, 2005, Indigo
2005 Golf TDI BEW started throwing P2564 today. Car drives fine and I can't feel any difference in performance. This is probably beyond my interest to try to fix myself (possibly replacing turbo?) especially since I only keep one car and so am off the road while it is disassembled.

I've cleared the code and driven it a bit. It isn't going into limp mode, and seems fine otherwise. Code comes up every time the car is restarted tho.

How advisable is it to drive with this code? I'm not planning any major trips, but it may take me a day or two of short distance commuting before I can drop it at the shop for further diagnoses.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
It may be the actuator with the sensor, not the turbo.
A lot cheaper then a turbo. :)
Do you need an emissions test for vehicle inspection?

kazenami

TDI
Golf, 2005, Indigo
No, emissions tests on diesels are not done in Maryland.

Yeah, I'm hoping it is something as simple as that. We'll see.

I'm just curious at the moment about what are the worst-case scenarios driving the car at this point. I should be able to have someone look at it by Tuesday I hope.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
You can just tune it out as well and the motor will run fine, most people remove the smart actuator when upgrading the turbo. They weren't factory equipment on some euro models either.

Teachderf

TDI
2010 Sportwagon
pending code

[FONT=&quot]'04 VW TDI runs fine. P2564 Code still pending after checking and cleaning all wires, and checking for vacuum leaks. Actuator works smooth at proper vacuum. OBD scanner will erase active code but not pending code. Any suggestions appreciated.[/FONT]'04 VW TDI runs fine. P2564 Code still pending after checking and cleaning all wires, and checking for vacuum leaks. Actuator works smooth at proper vacuum. OBD scanner will erase active code but not pending code. Any suggestions appreciated.
'04 VW TDI runs fine. P2564 Code still pending after checking and cleaning all wires, and checking for vacuum leaks. Actuator works smooth at proper vacuum. OBD scanner will erase active code but not pending code. Any suggestions appreciated.
'04 VW TDI runs fine. P2564 Code still pending after checking and cleaning all wires, and checking for vacuum leaks. Actuator works smooth at proper vacuum. OBD scanner will erase active code but not pending code. Any suggestions appreciated.

mjydrafter

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Did you check the actuator wires for continuity back to the ECU?

The thin wires that go to the actuator can be broken and appear fine.

When one of mine broke, the car ran fine, but it threw out that code. It did it again after my marginal temporary repair failed a week or so later. I found the broken wire, had rotted back quite far into the wiring loom. IIRC the actuator wires run up to the firewall on the passenger side then across the wiper plenum and into the other electrical loom on the drivers side and then on to the ECU.