Mannheim Oil

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
Good day. Has anyone used Mannheim 5W30 oil which is a Vw 504/507 oil. They say on their site they are a big supplier of their oil brand.
Anyone heard of them.

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Its an oil distributor in Ontario. Alibaba site indicates the oil is sourced from the EU. No other details.

https://ca104552176.fm.alibaba.com/product/104150423-0/5W_30_HI_TEC_2000_Synthetic_Motor_Oil.html

I would use a well known brand due to lack of quality information. No telling the origin of the oil.

http://mannheimoils.com/about-us/

Mannheim Motor Oils and Lubricants is an importer, packaging company and distributor of high quality Motor Oils, Engine Oils, Synthetic Oils and Lubricants.

Last edited:

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
Thanks for getting back. No telling the orgin of the oil, but really doesn't that apply to pretty much all oils one can buy?

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Thanks for getting back. No telling the orgin of the oil, but really doesn't that apply to pretty much all oils one can buy?
No, most oil companies have their own lube oil plants and supply under their labels. If you want to use VW spec oils, then look at the VW listing of approved oils and choose from there.

Lots of oils that CLAIM they meet a certain VW spec only say that through THEIR analysis they make the claim. You have to look at VW's list to be sure they submitted the test data to VW to get the approval.

Mannheim appears to buy bulk oil from some EU brokers (off Alibaba, a Chinese B to B site) and bottles it in Canada. I doubt that they actually worked with VW to say they meet certain VW specs. They may have though, but I would check the VW lists of approved oil suppliers.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Well I'm sure that companies such as Esso, Shell, Castrol etc spend a lot more money on research than some unknown entity called Mannheim can and does !

This is a link which lists all engine oils approved by VW for gas and Diesel engines worldwide: VW engine oils

Mannheim is nowhere to be found !

Last edited:

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
I thought by Mannheim's site it is made here in Canada their oil and distributed world wide. Will look again at their site as maybe I miss read.