What did you do to your car today?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
mech644 said:
Growler,
Gee I wonder if you replaced those Sprints with same with Lot # ID tags if ticking goes away? LOL.
Just kidding, good luck sorting it out.
That's the ticket. :D

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Sold it! One of them anyway

The 1997 A3 went to jstn today.

Sorry to see it go, but it's going to a great guy who will do very well by it. I had it for five years (almost to the day) and drove it 42K in that time. Not exactly heavy use.

Sig updated.

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
What a beautiful car Peter. sorry it has to go. I still miss mine. the new owner will be most happy

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Removed worn 5th gear selector assembly (project Jetta), ordered .681 5th gear set, new selector assembly, brass syncro, Lubromoly. :cool:

I have to get this Jetta on the road so I can replace the axle that is clicking (boot NOT torn) in the Passat (aka, "money pit"). Boy this is fun...

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
TDikook said:
What a beautiful car Peter. sorry it has to go. I still miss mine. the new owner will be most happy
If I get nostalgic for one I can take a drive in my son's '98. 191K and going strong.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
IndigoBlueWagon said:

Sorry to see it go, but it's going to a great guy who will do very well by it. I had it for five years (almost to the day) and drove it 42K in that time. Not exactly heavy use.

Sig updated.
That is a *sexy* MKIII there Peter. Glad it's going to another VW-nut.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
REDNECKDZL said:
shucks, i got excited that you found a way to use stock carriers to run GTI brakes, but i see you did the carriers, but left the calipers alone
Sorry it wasn't that easy (cheap), but man do these brakes work. Breaking is dramatically improved. All I can think to compare it to is going from standard brakes in my mothers 1964 Belair to the power brakes in my grandfathers Pontiac. Of course disk brakes are much better but the differences is similar to that experience.

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
Koni FSDs

finish the install yesterday of the koni FSDs and the koni sport springs in the rear, very happy with the set up.!!!!

peter the wagon is looking good!!

and your A3, I know I told you this before, is the only mk3 that I do like, sad to see it go away:) hopefully the new addition to the car family will fill that slot:D

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
Installed a 1856 hybrid turbo, 3 bar MAP & 2.5"exhaust. My but the car feels strong.:)

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
Sootman said:
What manifold did you use, or did one come with the 1856?
It's cast in one piece. They are made from vnt15 or 17's with the housing machined out for the larger exhaust turbine.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Growler said:
finally replaced my injector seals...

Tick Tick Tick Tick still persists.. b ut goes away after you first pull and reseat the injectors, until the rpms/pressure go up. then it comes back.

Have an appointment to go see Bruce (Paramedick) next Friday for some hands on troubleshooting. ugh.
I promise that the first step in diagnosis will be replacing the injectors with a low mileage set of stock injectors from the shelf........

bayshorecs

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Golf
Installed new Bilstien TCs along with stops, ball joints, mounts, and control arm bushings on the NB. Darn nut on the front control arm bushing came off so I have to cut a hole in the subframe.

All of the old stuts/shocks were 100% dead. Surprised they were THAT bad. Car handles great and rides much better now!

TDI_Votex

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora Votex, 2003, Gris Platine
Yesterday, I installed the summer tires on the Bora (Nakang NS2 on Hakunamatata) and NB06 (MXV4 on Huston). I then installed the Bora winter tires (16" Conti-Viking) on the NB99 in place of the worn 15" Gislaved to give a better handling. There is still possibility of snow in Quebec city in April.

Also saw that I have to change the front arm bushing on both Bora and NB99. Put those on the ToDo list of this summer.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
IndigoBlueWagon said:

Sig updated.
Nice car....it seems like jstn has a knack for picking up low mileage Jettas....

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Drool ! Congrads! ... Looking super sharp!!! one day....

BTW.. how long did the whole interior swap out effort take you?

delvi__acevedo said:
A bunch of gray stuff came off the car

And a bunch of black stuff went in

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
tothemax said:
Drool ! Congrads! ... Looking super sharp!!! one day....

BTW.. how long did the whole interior swap out effort take you?
Thankyou...:)

like 10 hours but that includes super cleaning all the parts which took the longest:eek:

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
I would like to know how much it cost you. I would love to do that to my car, I just dont think it would ever happen. I went on a 5 hour drive to Seattle this last week and my back was killing me. I kept having to turn the seat heat on to relax my back. Your seats look very comfortable.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
delvi__acevedo said:
I want a Cam too:D
Looks real classy Delvi. To be honest though, I had assumed you already had an R interior. I mean, you had the R exterior, steering wheel, super cluster, climatronic, aluminum trim, etc etc etc... What took you so long? LOL

--edit-- Delvi, is that an Image Dynamics sub on the back shelf?

Last edited:

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
Farfromovin said:
Looks real classy Delvi. To be honest though, I had assumed you already had an R interior. I mean, you had the R exterior, steering wheel, super cluster, climatronic, aluminum trim, etc etc etc... What took you so long? LOL

--edit-- Delvi, is that an Image Dynamics sub on the back shelf?
nah those are actually mid range RCF loud speakers:eek:

delvi__acevedo

Mod'aholic
TDI
Getta GLS,2001,silver
79TA7.6 said:
I would like to know how much it cost you. I would love to do that to my car, I just dont think it would ever happen. I went on a 5 hour drive to Seattle this last week and my back was killing me. I kept having to turn the seat heat on to relax my back. Your seats look very comfortable.
I did not pay anything, actually my friend was dying for a set of 18" porsche twist wheels, and I just happen to have a set, so we traded:D