does anyone have a GTB2056VK in an mk7

gnuworldorder

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
i tried to search it but i didnt really see much. I was just wondering about what other things were needed. i also wanted to know if the dsg can handle it or it will be ripped apart

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
You are a little early for that. Darkside has manifolds for the previous gen CR140 engine to mount a GTB turbo, but nothing for the new EA288 engine in your car. I don't think anyone has anything to do that yet. You also have to figure in fueling strategy, not sure enough has been developed for that engine yet to know the impediments to making more power and where they lay and in what order.

While the DSG is a very stout transmission I would expect a shortened dual mass flywheel life with the added power. Programming for the newer DSG may be required for good manners with the greater output too. Don't think the DSG has been cracked by the tuning hardware folks yet.

All that said, it is definitely possible but would require engineering and fabrication of a manifold and supporting parts. I went down that early-adopter road many years ago when I had a GTB2056VK manifold made for my PD, it was very expensive and took lots of time to get completely sorted. Had I waited a year or two the price and development time would have dropped to a fraction of what I spent.

If you have very deep pockets, a storied background in fabrication of performance engine parts and lots of time and patience then go for it. If not, I'd wait a bit until the aftermarket catches up.

gnuworldorder

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
You are a little early for that. Darkside has manifolds for the previous gen CR140 engine to mount a GTB turbo, but nothing for the new EA288 engine in your car. I don't think anyone has anything to do that yet. You also have to figure in fueling strategy, not sure enough has been developed for that engine yet to know the impediments to making more power and where they lay and in what order.

While the DSG is a very stout transmission I would expect a shortened dual mass flywheel life with the added power. Programming for the newer DSG may be required for good manners with the greater output too. Don't think the DSG has been cracked by the tuning hardware folks yet.

All that said, it is definitely possible but would require engineering and fabrication of a manifold and supporting parts. I went down that early-adopter road many years ago when I had a GTB2056VK manifold made for my PD, it was very expensive and took lots of time to get completely sorted. Had I waited a year or two the price and development time would have dropped to a fraction of what I spent.

If you have very deep pockets, a storied background in fabrication of performance engine parts and lots of time and patience then go for it. If not, I'd wait a bit until the aftermarket catches up.
**** i put the cart infront of the horse. i was really hoping to break even after taxes and interest today but if my math is right i dont even do that, so there went my plan to get a gti