FS - 2005.5 Jetta Sedan - Immaculate

kluessendorf

TDI
2-2005.5 Jettas
It is sold - Thanks for all the inputs.

2005.5 Jetta Sedan - One owner meticulously maintained by Vaden VW
130,000 miles - TB at 90,000 - New brakes - Everything works as new.
Gray metallic exterior - Gray interior with wood look accents
Leather interior
Full power seats with lumbar support on driver & passenger side - heated
Rain Sensor
Power and heated side mirrors
Sunroof
More...

I could go on, but you guys know all the stuff that the 2005.5 had that was taken out of the following year vehicles and all the other stuff the Jetta has. The car has been meticulouly maintained. All oil changes have been done with 505.01 specified oil and all required maintenance has been performed at Vaden VW in Savannah. The interior is virtually pristine with all weather and never used carpet mats. The exterior has no dents and only a few minor scratches. There is some bruising of the alloy wheels on the curb side. Car has light duty hitch that I was going to use for bicycles. The hitch has never been used and as a bonus I am included an unassembled bicycle rack.

See pictures on Ebay under 2005 Jetta or under user name kluessendorf or item 290454227793. Email fredsjetta@aol.com for additional info and some low resolution (emailable) photos .

$11,900 - Most comments below were based on an asking price of $14,000. Kelly Blue Book retail price is $14,130

Last edited:

kluessendorf

TDI
2-2005.5 Jettas
I did think that this would generate some interest and can't figure out why it hasn't. If it is because I am new - I would like to say that I have 1134 positive feedbacks on Ebay. If it is because of the price - the car is in fantastic condition and I show the price as negotiable. If it is because of missing information - please let me know what else is needed.

Thanks to all in advance.

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
ya, no interest because the price is too high. $14k for a 5 year old car with 130k miles?

I can see getting even 10 or 11 for it.....but I may be mistaken.

matt

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Guys, keep in mind that the 05.5 was a very special year with tons of goodies that NONE of the other years have. Your post '05 cars were just GUTTED tin cans in comparison to the 02, 03, 04, let alone an 05.5. I don't have time to generate a list of all the differences, because it would run for a looooooooooooooooong post and I'm tired. Just do your homework before carping.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
Seriously, the 05.5 had more stuff than any FULLY LOADED Tdi of any year; it's better equipped than Passat. Your barebones 06 package-1 can't hold a candle to it.

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Seriously, the 05.5 had more stuff than any FULLY LOADED Tdi of any year; it's better equipped than Passat. Your barebones 06 package-1 can't hold a candle to it.
Yea but Nick, 130K miles for $3K-$4K more than it should be going for? Especially a private party. I'd take it if it had one of those phoney spare tires mounted on the trunk but, come on! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
I'm not saying that the price is the right price--just pointing out this is much more than an 06 pkg1 with the camshaft-eating engine.

kluessendorf

TDI
2-2005.5 Jettas
Kelly Blue Book Retail Price is $14,130 and that assumes that the car is reconditioned. This car does not require any recondtioning - the only scuffs are on the curb side wheels - there are no dents in the body at all. Carpets do not have a single stain and they have not even been subjected to a shampoo. There are no scrapes to be found in the interior and the headliner is perfect. I did recently change the windshield due to minor scratches that would interfere with visibility going toward the sun. All maintenance has been performed and documented by a dealer including all recommended oil changes. A dealer could not make this car more perfect.

Kelly Blue Book for Private Parties is 11,630 but assumes some (minor) recondtioning may be required.

A dealer could not warrant that the car only has one non-smoking owner. The car has NOT been driven by a little old lady school teacher from Pasadena but it has been driven by a retired guy in his 60's who does not abuse his transportation.

Given what has been said by others and this post, help me out - what will someone buy this for.

Thanks in advance.

mnguy

TDI
2006 jetta
I'm not saying that the price is the right price--just pointing out this is much more than an 06 pkg1 with the camshaft-eating engine.

And the 2005.5 had a different engine than mine? Maybe you should do your home work. there is a different display, real leather power seats and some other things. Yes it is worth more than my package 1, but not 6 grand more. I would say 10-11 would be a fair starting price.

Last edited:

Driver_found

Veteran Member
TDI
Former MKV Jetta TDI 5M, Former 2013 Passat TDI SE 6M, 2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6m
The 2005.5 'Package 2' was fully loaded. Basically an Audi with a VW badge. But timing is everything, and the new revised MK6 is right around the corner. While 130k miles is not much for a TDI, it is a BRM and people on this board are worried about the cam replacement issue IMO. Not all cars had the problem, but it could easily add 2k to the actual cost.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Price to high you can get a 09 with 20k miles for 20k.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
And yours came with a different engine than mine? Maybe you should do your home work. You have a different display, real leather power seats and a few other things. Yes it is worth more than my package 1, but not 6 grand more. I would say 10-11 would be a fair starting price.

Yes, my engine uses the tried and proven ALH engine. Yours has the cam-eating PD fuel injection system.

I should do my homework? How long have you been here? LOL.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
LOL. Funny guy, you!!! Editing your post after you've been quoted, then trying to make a point on it is really silly.

Welcome to the club. Enjoy these fine cars. :) Over and out.

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
I did think that this would generate some interest and can't figure out why it hasn't. If it is because I am new - I would like to say that I have 1134 positive feedbacks on Ebay. If it is because of the price - the car is in fantastic condition and I show the price as negotiable. If it is because of missing information - please let me know what else is needed.

Thanks to all in advance.
If this is your own car, you might ad what oil was used and also if the DSG has been serviced (how many times?)

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
Not selling

Still available.
Some people on this forum don't think too much of someone just joining to sell a car, especially if they are also running it on ebay. And your car is going to be very much scrutinized about maintenance, which the cam is a big issue on this model of car with the brm engine. If you drop your price to say 9-10 you can probably sell it quick, evening if you are a new member. This forum is all about people who care about and enjoy their tdi's and want to help others and learn about their car. Not just a place to unload a car that has a captured audience of tdi enthuiast. Good luck with your sell.

kluessendorf

TDI
2-2005.5 Jettas
In response to mtbr297. I currently own two 2005.5 jettas. I have been enjoying this forum since my wife and I purchased them in 2005. I am sorry that I have not joined previously but since our cars have been care free and I am not as knowledgeable as most members, I have not seen a need to join, i.e. I really have had nothing to contribule.

I now have something to contribute. I now have a vehicle for sale that I thought people on this forum would enjoy owning. It seems as if that would be appreciated whether I am a "new" member or would also have it listed on Ebay. I also have it listed locally and on Autotrader. I hope not all members of this forum would "not think too much of me" for trying to sell a meticulously maintained (all records available from dealer), exceptionally clean TDI in any way a can.

I agree that I could sell the car quickly at the price you suggest. Based on what I see here, based on Kelly Blue Book values and based upon comments I have received through various sources, the current price may be too low for a 2005.5 pkg 2 car in this condition. No, I won't sell it quickly, but when it sells, the buyer and I both win which is what a successful deal is all about. But no one can predict the future, so who knows at this point what the future price may be.

By the way, my intent is to keep the other 2005.5 TDI for another 5 years so I now have the privilege of being a member. I certainly hope my membership is not revolked because I have had success selling and buying about 1500 items on Ebay over the past 11 years.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
Not trying to offend you, just stating what people on this forum will want to know. By the way welcome to the club and I hope you keep coming back. A couple questions I can think of that I would ask if I was a buyer is has the transmission ever been serviced and has the cam been inspected for wear (common issue with this engine). I think that the 2005.5 are the best models since the package 2's came with so many features you can't get now. That is what vw does, the first model year has more luxury items than the next year models. Another example would be th 2010 golf's. I bet they don't offer paddle shifters next year or a leather steering wheel as standard package. I saw your pictures and the car looks very nice. As far as price goes even if the car is very nice you can't expect retail value if you aren't a car dealer. I usually go by private party value. So since you priced it at 11.5 that is a very reasonable price, according to kbb. Also most people here aren't too fond of getting their cars worked on at dealers. Not all dealers are bad, but a lot are. I have been lucky and been able to "train my dealer" some and there are a couple techs I know so I always request that they work on my car when I take one of my cars to the dealer for warranty work. Everything else I take care of myself.

Last edited:

kluessendorf

TDI
2-2005.5 Jettas
Three new pictures (of the dash) have been posted on Ebay - see my original post.

In answer to mtbr297 above, unfortuneately, the dealer tells me that the transmission has not been service nor has the cam been checked for wear.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
I don't understand these dealers sometimes. The dsg service is an easy upsell and they never mention it.