TDI cam

foxracer1

Veteran Member
TDI
98 A3 TDI 5spd, 86 w/TDI 02A in prog.
Thats the engine analyzer pro isn't it? Dang there is so much more information.

What do you put in for intake specs, and head flow numbers?

Are you able to select the turbo more specifically?

I might have to sack up and buy the pro.

FRITS91

TDI
Passat B3 TDI 4motion, golf/rabbit mk1 4motion
Good afternoon, I'm from Belarus. I ask the help of colleagues across the ocean.
We have AFN head. camshaft 026 101 109 G Gasoline, planted bush and pierce under 3ty bracket for installation in TDI head.
Now I am afraid that when installed in a standard piston valve can be hit, tell me how to avoid being hit?increase the depth of the holes in the pistons, or sink deeper into the cylinder head valve
gtb2260v 12mm, 0.320.
Thank you for attention

Last edited:

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
I would add valve cutout's to the piston.

FRITS91

TDI
a gasoline base camshaft least 2 mm in diameter = 1 mm in radius.
it is possible to drown the valve on the cylinder head 1 mm in body position and hydraulic lifters will be like in the standard, only oil channel shift to 1mm.
much easier to drown 1mm valve. but whether this will be enough that would be safe to turn the motor 5-6K
who can tell to what value you need (and if necessary) to increase the gap valve-piston?

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
You can sink the valves in the head 1mm....but it takes up the slack of the cam follower. If you do decide to sink the valve into the seat 1mm, also remove 1mm from the top of the valve stem. That may not be enough...I wouldnt know without knowing the arc of the camshaft, but it would abate any issues with the cam follower clearance.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
If you cut down the valve, then you're losing lift and if you receed the valve into the head, you're most likely hurting flow.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Sinking the valves at the seat will only serve to shroud it and negatively affect volumetric efficiency (and likely swirl). Not at all the path I would take. Take the material off at the piston.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=2619515#post2619515

If you need only a little bit of clearance (~0.5 mm) you could grind the surface of valvehead, as long as you don't leave a sharp transition from the seat angle to the valve face, the dimension labelled below as "Height of Head Rim". Usually there is at least about 1-2 mm in stock valves.

Last edited:

FRITS91

TDI
understood thanks.
and what do you think about the overlap camshaft? 0.9 degrees. I go every day, but the most important thing is the result of a 1/4 mile)
I also modified the collector 2.0 SDI.

runners 10 centimeters long. taper 30 * 33 (cylinder head) 50 * 25 (receiver), and the bell at the entrance of the receiver.
what do you think about this collector? interested in growth at high speeds.
from Belarus with respect

Last edited:

FRITS91

TDI
ok. of all the shortcomings I only prevents overlap. that if I take a camshaft from G60.u I have no overlap and the phase of 216-220 degrees.
and what do you think about such improvements collector SDI?
I apologize once again for such questions - the language barrier hinders freedom to receive information

FRITS91

TDI
g60 from camshaft following data

"IVO 10˚ BTDC
IVC 30˚ ATDC
EVO 50˚ BBDC
EVC -10˚ ATDC (or 10˚ BTDC)
ID 220˚
ED 220˚
ICL 100˚ ATDC ECL 120˚ BTDC and CL 110˚
Total lift was 10.16mm or 0.4" for both intake and exhaust.
So there is 0˚overlap measured at european/metric lift specs."
no overlap, the general phase, high lift. It should give the growth at high speeds
or there are factors that do not prevent its installation on the TDI.
well, except for the completion of the shaft fit into the cylinder head

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
You can sink the valves in the head 1mm....but it takes up the slack of the cam follower. If you do decide to sink the valve into the seat 1mm, also remove 1mm from the top of the valve stem.
gasoline cam has MUCH smaller base circle, to the point that the lash adjusters are probably going to be almost falling out fo the tappets

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Interesting as the poster was concerned about getting them closer...yet often doing that also creates a problem. Depends on position of the lobes in relation to the pistons during use. He said 1mm...which in theory should be ok as long as the valve timing does not interfere with lobe position. I would rather bring the cam followers close to maximum expansion rather than risk contact. However, as I havent run any gas cams in diesel, I have never bothered to measure.

FRITS91

TDI

1mm for pusher think is not so critical.
deepened the counterbore in the pistons to 2mm.raspredval until it was time to deliver - then I put - if the overlap is rabotat bad at the top (EMP> IMP) it will be put on the camshaft PG (G60)