www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Touareg TDIs

VW Touareg TDIs This is a general discussion about Touareg TDIs. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old April 14th, 2019, 18:26   #1
BoilerBrad

Unhappy '13 TDI Faults galore

Got the Treg back from the dealership a few days ago after new pads/sensors/rotors, a new throttle inlet boot pipe, and a detail. Drove fine until today. When trying to start the car it is throwing an ECS Fault, Transmission Fault, Airbag Fault, Glow Plug Fault, and an Adaptive Lighting Fault. The tachometer cut out the last time it ran and the engine seemed to be idling at higher RPMs than normal. It wont start at all now.

Sounds like someone might have mucked something up. Maybe a wire harness or ???

I wanted to get your opinion on the matter. I'm definitely calling the dealer first thing in the morning. They kept it for four days, claiming they were waiting for the inlet boot pipe to come in the mail and that it was dangerous to drive with a small oil seep coming out of the old inlet boot pipe. I'm starting to get suspicious that they screwed something up, didn't tell me, and it took them a couple days to get it to work.

Full disclosure: Malone stage 2 software and Rawtech DPF/Cat/DEF delete. I was considering attempting a re-install of the Malone tune just for fun, but figured it probably would not have started if they had messed with the software. I told them about all this before they began work, but it's not the first time they didn't listen to me. I had a Tiguan with APR stage 1 tune that they overwrote after I explicitly told them not to.

Cross-posted at ClubTouareg.
Old April 18th, 2019, 16:09   #2
Borracho

Jesus. Any update on this?
Borracho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2019, 06:09   #3
BoilerBrad

Yeah, sorry for the radio silence. The conversation picked up in clubtouareg forums. Basically, my ECU is hosed. Water got in and caused corrosion. I'm working on how to get a new ecu tuned and working with the car.