www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Old April 11th, 2019, 19:26   #1
2.2TDI
Veteran Member

TDI(s): .
Default Anyone thinking of selling their beloved tdi?

Time has come for me to get back into an older car for various reasons, so I thought I'd go back to the diesel world while I still can

That said, anybody thinking of getting rid of their old mk4? I'm not looking to spend more then 3000, so I'm not expecting much but I thought I'd ask here first before going and seeing Kijiji beaters... Would prefer to buy from a member here

Cheers
2.2TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2019, 19:37   #2
Tim_Mackinlay
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 mpg
Default I have a 2004 Tdi

I have a 2004 Tdi coming up. 337,000 km. All service records. And I mean all of them! Black. Fenders replaced under VW warranty.
5 sp stick, alloys, sunroof, 4 dr. Driven by a retired couple. Oil pan heater.

Never a cold start in the winter. Kept in a garage and oiled twice a year.
Located on Manitoulin Island but car spent most of it's live in SW Ontario.
Just waiting to put on a new belly pan. (Old plastic one cracked)
PM me.
Tim
1977 Honda Goldwing
1967 Piper Cherokee (deceased)
1977 Grampian Sailboat
Tim_Mackinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2019, 06:03   #3
imo000
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Good enough

I might be interested in selling my '05 Passat sedan that properly I converted to a manual 5speed almost 5 years ago. Has 260K kms, fully loaded with a tow hitch. Needs some electrical work (door locks and such and parking cables). If you are interested, let me know. You are not going to find too many manual Passat TDIs out there. The Passat is a lot bigger than the Jetta. Mainly in the back leg room and the trunk.
imo000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2019, 09:06   #4
2.2TDI
Veteran Member

TDI(s): .

Thanks for the replies. I have PM'd you both
2.2TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2019, 12:01   #5
steve6
Veteran Member

Just get one on kijiji, it goes like this...

For sale.. CHEAP CHEAP DONT LOW BALL ILL IGNORE... needs a bit of work, engine, trans, seats, no wheels, fenders, hood will bang out, a few odds and ends. An original 2003 wagon 5 speed, RARE RARE, brakes are new before it sat for 2 years and not moved, will need a tow.. $2500

Will throw the black 2003 sedan in the background for another $2000, smokes a bit but still runs. paint job is custom with different colour fenders and doors, currently on 4 bald and flat tires.

steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2019, 18:20   #6

I have my 2000 Golf TDI that I should sell as I've picked up a minivan to haul the family around now. Have been lazy about posting it for sale or donating it.
Mileage is 325k KM. Manual transmission, 3 door. AC still works. A few things to get it safetied, but I have been driving it to work. On steel winters now, but have a set of 16" VW alloys for the summer tires.
Rust through on the rocker panels behind the two front wheel and the peeling paint/rust on the hatch.

PM if interested...
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2TDI View Post
Time has come for me to get back into an older car for various reasons, so I thought I'd go back to the diesel world while I still can
That said, anybody thinking of getting rid of their old mk4? I'm not looking to spend more then 3000, so I'm not expecting much but I thought I'd ask here first before going and seeing Kijiji beaters... Would prefer to buy from a member here
Cheers
Avatarshark is offline   Reply With Quote