www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted

TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel cars for sale and wanted.

Old January 3rd, 2020, 15:07   #1
3lettersTDI

Default FS: For parts, manual 2006 Jetta TDI Greenville, SC $300

I am not going to lie. It is really rough shape. I posted a while ago about the sunroof missing and that is still true. I had it in the garage for a while but had to move it outside and has been under a cover since. I never got to fixing it and my wife wants it gone. I need to just get it out of the driveway either by selling it or getting a scrapper to come get it. If I can get some money out of it and someone that actually cares about these cars gets it, that would be great. The manual is harder to find and it is fun to drive.

As stated before, it needs some work. If you want to read my post from 8/17 about the sunroof missing, click below. Also has of your standard info in it.
https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=480988

Not much has changed from that. It has basically been sitting. I would occasionally take it for a spin around the neighborhood to make sure it would run but that hasn't happened since at least the summer. Fairly certain the turbo is out but not sure if is just a solenoid issue or actually broken.

I live in Greenville, SC. Pickup would be most preferred but I may be able to bring it to you for extra. I need the car gone but my wife won't let me just let it go for nothing if I can just haul it to the scrap yard for cash. I will try to get some pictures as well but the weather isn't great right now. Mainly just want to see if there is some interest over the next week and go from there. Thank you for your time and consideration. Please feel free to ask for further information in this thread or in a PM.
3lettersTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2020, 18:21   #2
jovol

Fuel Economy: 40mpg (us)

Hey, I live in the Asheville area and I have an 04 jetta wagon tdi manual. I'm interested in having a parts car for random things. Could you share some photos and mileage on the car? Your other thread is from 2017, has anything changed/gotten worse about the car?

Thanks,
John
jovol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2020, 06:21   #3
3lettersTDI

John,
I will try to put some pictures together. It is isn't great shape. I know I couldn't get it to turn on the last time I tried even with a good battery. That could be a multitude of issues. Mileage is still around the 212k mark I believe and will try to confirm that as well. I do know the driver side mirror got knocked off and is just dangling.

Any specific component you are interested in?
Old January 19th, 2020, 22:02   #4
jovol

Fuel Economy: 40mpg (us)

There are a couple of interior pieces I'd like to replace. Does yours have grey interior? The synchro between 1-2 is shot, 2-3 is starting to show some age, so I might swap the transmission if yours is still good. I also have some dashboard rattles, I'm fairly certain related to me taking it apart to fix the blend door foam disintegrating. I broke some plastic here and there.
jovol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2020, 12:17   #5
3lettersTDI

Here is a link to the pictures. Sorry this took so long. Also didn't realize I had some private messages with interest and I will respond to those directly as well.

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=7161
Old January 24th, 2020, 19:46   #6
Dh4276

Which TDI engine is in the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dh4276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2020, 23:06   #7
dtrvler

Fuel Economy: 53 mpg
Default Do you still have this car?

Please let me know.
Thanks
dtrvler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2020, 09:51   #8
3lettersTDI

Sorry for being terrible.

Engine is BRM.
Old February 14th, 2020, 15:20   #9
dtrvler

Fuel Economy: 53 mpg

I would really like to buy your car but I'm in Las Vegas. Dang.
dtrvler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2020, 18:13   #10
michael7208
Veteran Member

Default 06 Jetta

Do you still have car for sale, I am interested
michael7208 is offline   Reply With Quote