www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old February 5th, 2020, 19:33   #8131
greengeeker

Fuel Economy: 42.2/50.0/58.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
I don't think either milaca or cambridge count as "the cities"
you damn right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriesel View Post
I like the guy in Milaca better anyway haha

insert funny telecom joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowBugTDI View Post
oop's i meant to write that there's you (in cambridge) and the other guys name is Tony in Milaca. Apparently I shouldn't post on here right after an algebra test... can't get my thought's together lol

BTW. sorry I never back to you on having those injectors rebuilt. They've been doing good, so i just keep putting it off....
no worries! I always tell my customers it's best if I don't hear from them.
TDIclub trusted mechanic in Minnesota - PM me
greengeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 12:10   #8132
Legolas337

Just got a quote from the dealer in Duluth for the timing belt and water pump at 1430$ wondering if there is anyone in the area that is good and willing to do for less? I did a quick search and didn't find anything. Might end up having then do it. It's a 2011jsw tdi. Thanks
Legolas337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 14:18   #8133
DivineChaos
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas337 View Post
Just got a quote from the dealer in Duluth for the timing belt and water pump at 1430$ wondering if there is anyone in the area that is good and willing to do for less? I did a quick search and didn't find anything. Might end up having then do it. It's a 2011jsw tdi. Thanks
there us a euro shop by duluth. ill see if i can find it for you.
DMC Auto Repair & Welding
36 W Central Entrance, Duluth,
Duluth, MN
(218) 729-4788

Autobahn Service and Repair
2204 W Michigan St, Duluth
(218) 464-1863

Foreign Affairs of Duluth, Inc.
722 E 9th St, Duluth
(218) 722-2246

Last edited by DivineChaos; February 11th, 2020 at 14:32. Reason: forign affairs says 1200, autobahn is rated highest.
DivineChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 16:04   #8134
Legolas337

Recommend any of them? I will call them and see what they can do. Thanks
Legolas337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 16:24   #8135
GlowBugTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43 mpg average

if your up for a 2hr. drive Tony in milaca, MN at precision imports is great. he does awesome work, and has good customer service. idk what his quote on something newer like that would be but he quoted me like $600 for my alh one.
GlowBugTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2020, 21:00   #8136
DivineChaos
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legolas337 View Post
Recommend any of them? I will call them and see what they can do. Thanks
autobahn has the highest reviews. quote from forign affairs was 1100 for tbelt &water pump
Old February 11th, 2020, 21:03   #8137
DivineChaos
Veteran Member

what do you guys thing a good vinyl color on a white gold metallic wagen would be. thinking of getting the large vinyl that is between the fender arches on either side. so a large vinyl
Old February 12th, 2020, 18:29   #8138
GlowBugTDI
Veteran Member

like trim between the wheel wells? or along the runner boards? sorry having a bit of a hard time picturing it, and wanting to make sure im envisioning it right
do you have any accents? if so adding a bit more of that color car really make the car pop and look nice. it can bring out some of those smaller pieces, and look nice
Old February 12th, 2020, 19:14   #8139
DivineChaos
Veteran Member

Quote:
like trim between the wheel wells? or along the runner boards? sorry having a bit of a hard time picturing it, and wanting to make sure im envisioning it right
do you have any accents? if so adding a bit more of that color car really make the car pop and look nice. it can bring out some of those smaller pieces, and look nice
this is what im looking at Was going to do gold on my blue wagen. but now ive got a white/ gold wagen

https://www.ebay.com/itm/97-5-Multi-...r=412827233459

Last edited by DivineChaos; February 12th, 2020 at 19:18.
Old February 12th, 2020, 21:47   #8140
GlowBugTDI
Veteran Member

ahh, ok ya ive seen them online before. Well i'd say part of it is personal opinion, everyone likes something a little different. That being said i could maybe give you a direction to head, but obviously in the end it's your choice in what you want. are your windows tinted? doesn't make a huge difference, but it may change the look depending on what color you get. also is this more of the silver white gold? or the creme white gold? (only reason i ask is cause ive seen people kinda mix the two) im assuming silvery color, but just to make sure...
if it's silver like white gold then.

Black: always looks good especially if you have black rims, black head lights (like around the light reflecting piece), the chrome window trim wrapped, or tinted windows. don't need all of it but one or two of those things help bring the color out.
if it's on the white side of that white gold spectrum id say that gold would still work, and could look nice especially with gold rims. but if you don't think youd like the look then pick something else.

Light blue: last car was blue, so assuming you like that color...
id say as long as you have some same/similar accents it will look nice. could probably have it be the only piece, but trims like that always look better if they compliment something else on the car.
you have a nice color car for adding cosmetics. white gold is a good color you can add too, and it's hard to go wrong. a lot of colors will go with white, so part of it is up to you, and what you like. Adding a few other things to the car always helps tho like matching rims, or tire nozzle caps that match the vinyl, wrapping certain parts of the car, ect. you can also get creative and do interior stuff if you really like to help bring it all together.
Idk if that helps, but hopefully i did a little.
Old February 12th, 2020, 21:47   #8141
GlowBugTDI
Veteran Member

also im just going off the colors in the link you had...
Old February 12th, 2020, 22:18   #8142
DivineChaos
Veteran Member

Quote:
also im just going off the colors in the link you had...
Well. i was deliberating between black, light blue, or the golden one.lol.. you must have not seen this paint code before. its more a cream silver. its almost a pearl. the metallic changes color based on the angle. i really liked the blue wagen. but the orange peal in the factory paint is horrendous.
My windows arent tinted..yet... And I plan on blacking out the trim. I want to put some smaller red vinyls on it. so i guess black it is. will also help match my engine and battery cover too.
Old February 13th, 2020, 10:57   #8143
GlowBugTDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineChaos View Post
Well. i was deliberating between black, light blue, or the golden one.lol.. you must have not seen this paint code before. its more a cream silver. its almost a pearl. the metallic changes color based on the angle. i really liked the blue wagen. but the orange peal in the factory paint is horrendous.
My windows arent tinted..yet... And I plan on blacking out the trim. I want to put some smaller red vinyls on it. so i guess black it is. will also help match my engine and battery cover too.
nope, sorry haven't seen that paint code yet lol. I was just picturing it all in my head, and thinking of what might look nice.
ok, ya black goes with most everything, and if your having your windows tinted and trim blacked out it'll really look nice. maybe you'll have to post a pic when your done.
a friend had these put these on their car and they looked real nice. im not sure if this is the same brand, as these don't have that good of stars (theirs have withstood MN). said friend's car is white, but i almost wonder if you put them right above the vw lettering flush with it if it would look nice, so it'd look like one decal. if it were to fade into the tread markings (would have to measure and calculate i guess but...). idk what your thoughts on trees or if you like kinda that rugged look, but it was just something that popped into my head.
https://www.amazon.com/GreceYou-Fore...615928&sr=8-12
Old February 13th, 2020, 22:11   #8144
DivineChaos
Veteran Member

Quote:
nope, sorry haven't seen that paint code yet lol. I was just picturing it all in my head, and thinking of what might look nice.
ok, ya black goes with most everything, and if your having your windows tinted and trim blacked out it'll really look nice. maybe you'll have to post a pic when your done.
a friend had these put these on their car and they looked real nice. im not sure if this is the same brand, as these don't have that good of stars (theirs have withstood MN). said friend's car is white, but i almost wonder if you put them right above the vw lettering flush with it if it would look nice, so it'd look like one decal. if it were to fade into the tread markings (would have to measure and calculate i guess but...). idk what your thoughts on trees or if you like kinda that rugged look, but it was just something that popped into my head.
https://www.amazon.com/GreceYou-Fore...615928&sr=8-12
its a very unique color. I really like it. If the blue was flawless it would be better. The trees are cool. But not the look i would be going for. If anything i would add either an eagle head or land of 10,000 lakes to denote im from minnesota. Im going for more a tuner type look.
Old February 16th, 2020, 16:31   #8145
DivineChaos
Veteran Member

Not TDI related. But it is mn related. I did this last year. I recognize this bike, but cant place him. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00001294954601