www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old April 21st, 2014, 16:17   #1
krob

TDI(s): 2006 Jetta
Default Another Jetta Dome light issue...not door latches!

Ok so my wife's 06 Jetta has me stumped. Open any door and you get a door curtseys light and the interior floor lights. Also the corresponding light on the dash comes on fine. You turn the interior map or dome light on and both the front and back overhead lights work fine. BUT if you place the rocker switch for the interior lights to door....they never come on when you open the door. ANY DOOR...not just driver door. Thing I also noticed is no trunk light. I asked my wife about it and she's like I think I had a trunk light...no help since the interior lights have not been door activated for more than 4 months and she never told me...ugh.

So the issue is dome lights do not come on when any door is open. I have played with all doors and latches and they are all doing their job. Plus it is not as if all 4 door latches would go bad at exactly the same time.

Any ideas guys...driving myself nutz chasing this down!! FYI we were the first owners so no one has been hacking at the wires.
krob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2014, 16:36   #2
bloc
Veteran Member

I had a mk4 that had goop from the harness tape in a dome-light wiring plug under the a-pillar trim. Acted almost exactly as you describe.

Just a suggestion.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 15:23   #3
lsrryn

Fuel Economy: 39 city 45 highway

i had a similar problem, but mine was all in the switch, i t made a scratching sound when it was switched and i could never get it to stay on the 'door' setting... 100$ later and an ordered part from VW, and that solved my problem.
lsrryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 02:56   #4
Ol'Rattler
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Rattler View Post
On mine, the 3 position rocker switch failed. To fix it, I replaced the whole panel which came with all the bulbs, switches and sunroof control. Will the dome light come on in any position of the rocker switch?

The panel is easy to remove though..............
From your other thread.............
Draw-Tite hitch
Dash Tray
Blue tint aspherical mirrors
Euro Cupholder
Euro Light Switch
2nd grocery hook
VCDS Hacks: DRL Disabled-Seatbelt Chime Disabled-Key fob Power Windows
Adjusted Cam to Crank Timing
Ol'Rattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2014, 17:21   #5
krob

TDI(s): 2006 Jetta

The rocker switch does feel a bit funny when you switch it from off to door or from door to on. The door or center position does feel a bit not right. I will check to see what it looks like on the inside.
krob is offline   Reply With Quote