Pulling BRM injectors and lift pump.

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
So I am about to get back to working on my Jetta BRM. Question about pulling the injectors. Besides the slide hammer tool, is there any other specialty tool that is needed? I am still trying to run down the misfire and my hard start issue. I am going to pull my injectors and have them flow and pop tested.

SO injectors look straight forward to remove.

I am curious if anyone is using a pusher pump like a fass unit or A1000 pusher pump?

Also can I run Race 783 nozzles with a stock turbo?

Chris

Last edited:

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
Hello. Just a quick comment.

PD cars sometimes develop misfires because of broken injector wiring. These injectors are electrically controlled.

This failure has a specific code in VCDS.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The PD injectors can be stuck in there pretty good, but I can usually work them back and forth enough with patience to get them to come out.

You are supposed to replace the hold down bolt, and they are supposed to be squared properly in their seat before tightening down the clamp.

What is the nature of your misfire? Has it flagged a DTC for a specific cylinder?

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
It sounds like a mis and the car has a vibration. VCDS shows nothing wrong with the car, but it is very audible and shakes the car at idle. Snap-on solus scanner says mis fire in cylinder 1 and 4.

It was doing it before, and I thought it was the cam, which it did have a bad cam so I replaced it with a colt stage 2 and new lifters but it still does it. I inspected the injector harness and found a wire that looked suspect so I replaced the harness.

Now after I get the car started (hard start issue since rebuild) in idles okay for about 3 mins then it starts missing or has a slight knock. Solus says misfire so I am going with that next.

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
So I ordered a set of triple square sockets, the slide hammer injector puller, all new bolts for the rocker assembly, and new bolts for the injector hold down. Once everything comes in, I will have them tested and go forward from there.

What about an auxiliary fuel pump? Anyone have any tips on what works for these TDI engines?

Chris

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
Also, how will Bosio 783 nozzles work with a stock for now turbo. I don't want to waste money on stock injectors to redo them again after a turbo.

Chris