Anyone in Mass want to do a little programming on my car? Vag-COM VCDS?

Thiggins

TDI
2012 jetta tdi prem/nav
I am willing to drive and meet you somewhere. I want to program my remote to roll down my windows and roll up my windows.

I have a 2012 Jetta tdi Premium with nav which includes Kessy.

If anyone can help, let me know. I would rather not by the complete Vag-com software for a one time use.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
I haven't heard of anyone on here that was able to get the windows down from remote done for the latest Jettas or Passats.
So far the 2 choices are open driver's door, hold the switch down for 5 seconds and windoes open OR pop-off the cover of the keyhole turn and hold key in the lock.

pdt165

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta 6 speed (Bought Back)
I haven't heard of anyone on here that was able to get the windows down from remote done for the latest Jettas or Passats.
So far the 2 choices are open driver's door, hold the switch down for 5 seconds and windoes open OR pop-off the cover of the keyhole turn and hold key in the lock.
Ive done it.

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
With Kessy?
If you don't mind and remember what screen did you use and what did you change with VCDS?

pdt165

Veteran Member
TDI
With Kessy?
If you don't mind and remember what screen did you use and what did you change with VCDS?
Ill have to look when I get home today.

I do NOT have kessy but Ive heard of others with kessy being able to do this. See post 15 in the below thread.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=384058

EDIT
check this out

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/remote-window-2010-Golf-Jetta.htm

more cool changes here
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/a6-VW-Golf-Jetta-TDI-DIY-index.htm

Last edited:

Thiggins

TDI
2012 jetta tdi prem/nav
Thanks guys! I got my hands on a VCDS tonight, and it was a breeze!

Works great!

Thiggins

TDI
2012 jetta tdi prem/nav
I borrowed one. No need to spend 300 on a one time modification.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
You are correct to a point. If you are only going to use it once, it is not worth the price.

VCDS is a very powerful and very inexpensive for it's capabilities type of tool. Over the 5 years I have had mine, it has paid for it's-self.

pdt165

Veteran Member
TDI
You are correct to a point. If you are only going to use it once, it is not worth the price.

VCDS is a very powerful and very inexpensive for it's capabilities type of tool. Over the 5 years I have had mine, it has paid for it's-self.

FYI, you can pick up just the microcan which is all you need for our model, unless you want to work on pre 05.5 Models Years the micro can will do.
And it is only 250, I know still a lot but not 300.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.

A dealer is going to charge you $90+ up front to scan ON TOP of any parts/labor to repair. Even when still under the power train warranty, they'll often charge for diagnosis because only "internally lubricated" parts are covered by the powertrain warranty.

I used mine several times throughout the year, especially when swapping from summer to winter tires to adjust the TPS warning threshold.