2014 Audi Q7 TDI/Post Emissions retrofit/ENGINE LIGHT ON

afrod

TDI
2014 Q7
For the past 4 months or so, my amber engine light has been going on. Took it to the dealer and they said, "huh, don't know why that is happening". Had my car for 5 days and eventually said, "We found out is was a bad oxygen sensor." They replaced it, light is off and I drove away. A few weeks later, it happens again. I take it back. They say, "Huh...". A few days with my car and they say, "No it wasn't the O2 sensor, it was the temperature sensor. We've replaced it." I get the car back, light is off. One day later, the light goes on again. I drive it back and they say, "Huh...if we can't fix it this time, we'll escalate to Audi USA". I said, can we do that now? They said, "Sure". That was earlier today.

Anyone else had this experience? My concern, beyond Audi being forced into replacing my emissions system and probably putting an inferior product in there, is that my warranty is fast running out and I will be stuck with this lemon. This same lemon that had the fuel pump explode and shred my fuel system that Audi blamed on me for using inferior fuel. They gave me an estimate of $18k to fix. I pointed out that this issue had occurred many times over to other customers and handed them the printed evidence. After much back and forth they eventually relented and did the work on warranty, but "only this one time" they said.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
You could always purchase an aftermarket warranty if you are worried.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
I'm sorry..did you say 18,000 that's thousands! :eek: you meant $1,800.00 right??..anyway..how many miles/time do you have left on warranty? How many total miles on your car?