Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Placed both on there with place holders, haven't uploaded anything, waiting for you guys to get all the kinks out of there.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
On my two cars I entered, one has a Documents Uploaded date of when I had to re-uplaod them due to the co-registrant issue. The original was 09/17 or so and had been rejected earlier in October. I think that is why I had a quick 8 day acceptance of the docs. Our other Jetta, which has a co-registrant but which was done "correctly", with docs upload before the re-upload of the first car, was 20 days.

tdiwa

TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI SE DSG
From the spreadsheet, it looks like there have been only 2 actual buybacks on 11/9 (though that seems early...) In my attempts to call (to change my choice to buyback), during one of many long holds, they have a recording saying that "any buyback dates on your portal are not actual dates." I wonder the "buyback complete" column should be renamed to "buyback scheduled." "Buyback complete" should probably be only for actual, confirmed buybacks.

P.S. Calling in has been a nightmare. Despite the hold recording emphasizing having your claim number, when you get to real person, they ask for name, address, phone, VIN - all of which should be in my claim record. Then I got hung up on 3 times during a "transfer."

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
From the spreadsheet, it looks like there have been only 2 actual buybacks on 11/9 (though that seems early...) In my attempts to call (to change my choice to buyback), during one of many long holds, they have a recording saying that "any buyback dates on your portal are not actual dates." I wonder the "buyback complete" column should be renamed to "buyback scheduled." "Buyback complete" should probably be only for actual, confirmed buybacks.

P.S. Calling in has been a nightmare. Despite the hold recording emphasizing having your claim number, when you get to real person, they ask for name, address, phone, VIN - all of which should be in my claim record. Then I got hung up on 3 times during a "transfer."
I called once, got transferred and about an hour in got disconnected. Haven't called back.

MarkB

TDI
2012 Passat
What seems to be the average wait time from the time you upload a signed and notarized offer to the time you get to select your buyback date?

I returned my offer on 11/4 and it is still showing being reviewed. Based upon what I see on the spreadsheet and the comments that I have seen, it appears that certain areas of the country are not being allowed to set buyback appointments. Why can't this at least be communicated to us?

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
What does calling accomplish other than raising one's blood pressure? Of the hundreds of complaints on this forum, only a handful of calls resulted in any forward movement. I haven't called once, my pre-scandal purchased car went right through with no problem. Of course, I'm not turning it in till '18. And my other, an August 16 purchase is stagnant just like everyone else's. Why waste one's time calling? Just reading complaints such as yours brightens my day.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
It may depend on which menu options you select in the phone menu. This morning I had to call - it was only a 10-minute wait. In my case it was simple - I had trouble uploading and using a different browser (or clearing the cookies) was all that was really needed.

The woman who answered was very nice, and was trying so hard to be helpful and informative that it was almost hard to get her off the phone. Maybe because I was nice to her, and she knew that the next one in the queue was likely to be cranky :).

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
It may depend on which menu options you select in the phone menu. This morning I had to call - it was only a 10-minute wait. In my case it was simple - I had trouble uploading and using a different browser (or clearing the cookies) was all that was really needed.

The woman who answered was very nice, and was trying so hard to be helpful and informative that it was almost hard to get her off the phone. Maybe because I was nice to her, and she knew that the next one in the queue was likely to be cranky :).
Also depends on which number you use. If you call Customer Care through the VW site you will get long wait times. I had that issue this morning. Then I call the 844-98CLAIM # ( 844-982-5246 ) and got right through.

So always use the Claim # not VW Customer Care #

tdiwa

TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI SE DSG
Also depends on which number you use. If you call Customer Care through the VW site you will get long wait times. I had that issue this morning. Then I call the 844-98CLAIM # ( 844-982-5246 ) and got right through.
So always use the Claim # not VW Customer Care #
I had all my issues calling 844-982-5246, not VW Customer Care.

tdiwa

TDI
2015 VW Golf TDI SE DSG
What does calling accomplish other than raising one's blood pressure? Of the hundreds of complaints on this forum, only a handful of calls resulted in any forward movement. I haven't called once, my pre-scandal purchased car went right through with no problem. Of course, I'm not turning it in till '18. And my other, an August 16 purchase is stagnant just like everyone else's. Why waste one's time calling? Just reading complaints such as yours brightens my day.
I have to call in order to change my previously registered choice from fix to buyback. I have no other option.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
I have to call in order to change my previously registered choice from fix to buyback. I have no other option.
Very valid reason. Unfortunate that it can't be done on the line. But the majority of calls seem to be 'my neighbor got approved an hour ago.
What about me.' Oh well. I'm not changing my mind on anything. And will make every effort not to call, not once, not ever.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
Very valid reason. Unfortunate that it can't be done on the line. But the majority of calls seem to be 'my neighbor got approved an hour ago.
What about me.' Oh well. I'm not changing my mind on anything. And will make every effort not to call, not once, not ever.
Just wondering Airpizz if we should get your approval on the validity of calls made to VW? Kind of pre screen them.
Well on the other hand it would deny you a good chuckle.
Glad yours went right through though.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Just wondering Airpizz if we should get your approval on the validity of calls made to VW? Kind of pre screen them.
Well on the other hand it would deny you a good chuckle.
Glad yours went right through though.
Certainly don't need my blessing to call. But the constant ranting like a bunch of two year olds is a tiring.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
Certainly don't need my blessing to call. But the constant ranting like a bunch of two year olds is a tiring.
That is part of any forum, but we are not in their shoes. I am sure there is a lot of childish " I want it now" behavior, but I'm sure there is a lot of people stressing right now for lots of different reasons we don't know.

I really feel for lease people. They are just throwing money away each day VW delays their buybacks. Others might have money issues. Most just like me, just can't stand the lack of communication, and the poorly trained staff that give bad information that causes even more misunderstanding and confusion.

Guess we all kinda of have to help each other through this.

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
My complaint is simple. They aren't communicating the process. People that turned in their paperwork a week ago are getting offers, people that turned it in in September aren't. Maybe there's a great logical reason, but VW isn't saying. It's pretty ridiculous.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
My complaint is simple. They aren't communicating the process. People that turned in their paperwork a week ago are getting offers, people that turned it in in September aren't. Maybe there's a great logical reason, but VW isn't saying. It's pretty ridiculous.
The only real status that I see us getting will come at the end of the month when there is a status conference before the Judge. Other than this we are all kind of flying blind.

butterme

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
My info is entered twice on the spreadsheet. Could someone please delete one of the rows? I'm down as butterme, 2013 Passat, rows 660 and 661 of the spreadsheet. Thanks in advance!

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
Busy Night

Received my green check marks on my clear title 2013 salvaged Golf TDI and 2 hours later on my financed 3rd party 2015 Golf, rejected on my 2012 JSW which I had already resubmitted 4 days ago after talking to VW CC. This is a good night.:D

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
At the hearing on 18 Oct. many objections were raised, and they were summarily dismissed. Would have been nice if someone back then raised the need for reasonable transparency. The lack of transparency has become the number one issue as I see it. On the 18th all kinds of data was presented on registrations on the portal, etc. I would think VW is tracking numbers now for the major steps in the process weekly if not daily. Why not just display those numbers on the portal along with projections for the next week, etc? The total information void is maddening.

garment69

TDI
2013 Passat SEL w/DSG
Still very little movement on people with loans on their cars. If I would have known this was going to hold me up, I would have paid the loan off before even signing up.

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
^ at 8:45 am... I'll drink to that. I have about 3 payments left on mine. Never would have thought that it had the potential to back things up. I shoulda just ponied up the extra grand at the end of the summer and paid the whole bag of bolts off.

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Still very little movement on people with loans on their cars. If I would have known this was going to hold me up, I would have paid the loan off before even signing up.
Same. I not sure why this experience has been such a crapshow, but VWs lack of communication seems to enhance the aggravation. I know we're in the final stretch which makes people impatient, but no status, no communication? I hope VW learns from this.

rsudol

TDI
Jetta
its disappointing they are working on those paid off first. most if not all of us have lined up new vehicles and to have to wait and watch these deals disappear is sad.

Dan H.

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
its disappointing they are working on those paid off first. most if not all of us have lined up new vehicles and to have to wait and watch these deals disappear is sad.
Never had debt on my car. Car was bought 3 years ago, paid in cash. Submitted my documents on 9/18. They still have not been accepted. You can imagine how happy I am looking at the spreadsheet

jhinsc

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Just received my offer letter today, had it notarized and uploaded it back to VW a few min ago. I added my info to the spreadsheet too. The only date I wasn't sure about was when my documents were accepted for review, prior to the offer letter. I estimated it at Nov 3 since that was the first date I noticed it when I logged into the claims portal. I wasn't checking it everyday so it may have reached that state a few days earlier. I'm glad this is almost over - tired of seeing the Passat parked on my driveway everyday. Sad to see it go.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
I paid mine off in August - the thinking was that this might speed things up a little. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be this bad.

garment69

TDI
2013 Passat SEL w/DSG
Never had debt on my car. Car was bought 3 years ago, paid in cash. Submitted my documents on 9/18. They still have not been accepted. You can imagine how happy I am looking at the spreadsheet
Oh man, I feel for ya!

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
I paid mine off in August - the thinking was that this might speed things up a little. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be this bad.
me neither man, me neither.
quick general question on this here spreadsheet that i bookmarked (yes, for real). As people fill in the input sheet with their dates... anyone know how often do the locked pages refresh to reflect what's been filled out? Instantly, Daily, Weekly? Bueller, Bueller?