www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old August 28th, 2010, 15:34   #31
Canyonlands
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2011 JSW 6M

FYI: According to the owners manual for my 7/2010 build 2011 JSW, the car is equipped with a TPMS using anti-lock brake sensors instead of the wheel/tire mounted sensors.
Canyonlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 20:26   #32
hotpocketdeath
Veteran Member

Just had my car in to have it's 10k service done.

While there, they did another software update/recall.

97T2/YW: Software Update Body Control Module

I took a look at the TSB at the dealership to find out what it was. This update is meant to fix this TPMS problem.
hotpocketdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 20:31   #33
Thunderstruck
Veteran Member

I had my 2010 Golf in yesterday for the same problem, around 4900 miles. The light came on Thursday, I checked tire pressure and it was fine. I drove home, plugged in my Vag Com and checked the 4 channels and the 2 for the back tire had reset from 26 to 55. I let the dealer do the update so hopefully it won't happen again. They also did the O2 sensor flash, even though my light wasn't on.
Old August 30th, 2010, 05:46   #34
eric 2010 golf

I kept my last TDI for 190k miles, 12 years, actually still miss it... but from the posts here, I am afraid the new car is way too finicky to last that long. Is there anyone out there with some positive news about having NO or few problems with these cars? I mean, I know they're new the US and we are the ones who are testing them... but really. I should also disclose, I sold VW for 10 years... and still I'm kinda scared to own it past warranty.
eric 2010 golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 11:21   #35
Mr. Monk

Default Me too...

My tire pressure monitor light came on also. I thought It was because of my after market wheels. I checked the pressure, and saw nothing wrong but added about 2psi per wheel anyway and now its off. Hopefully it stays off.
Mr. Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 14:00   #36
tomo366
TDI Lifer, Member #131

Mine came on yesterday at 16,000 miles..........I checked the tires there were all at 29.........there were 2 codes that wouldnt erase.........I pump them all to 35 and the light went out........and the codes erased!
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black!
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 20:29   #37
Moccasin

My light came on after the weather got cooler very quickly a week or two ago. Put all 4 tires up to 38psi and the light is still sticking around. Otherwise the car is fine, so I really don't want to take it to the dealer...
Old September 12th, 2010, 01:09   #38
epc
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
My light came on after the weather got cooler very quickly a week or two ago. Put all 4 tires up to 38psi and the light is still sticking around. Otherwise the car is fine, so I really don't want to take it to the dealer...
I'd try pumping the tires up to 40 psi to see if the light would go off. It'll take 3 minutes only to try. Maybe your tire pressure gauge is miscalibrated...
Old September 17th, 2010, 16:31   #39
NowhereTDI

My tire pressure light also came on within the past week or two and I topped off the tires to 39-40 psi and the light did not go off. I dropped in to the service department and they asked right away if it was a 2010 - they knew there was an issue and i'll be taking it in next Friday to have the TPMS reprogramed and also to fix the rear washer nozzle leak for which they also knew of a TSB. They said the software bug causes the TPMS to look for 60 psi(!), so no amount of inflating will reset the light. BTW, I'm at around 4500 miles right now on my 2010 Golf TDI.
NowhereTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 10:24   #40
dimp

Unhappy TPMS light... AGAIN!

Had TPMS updated at the dealership 2 weeks ago...and the light went off... but now the light is on AGAIN! I checked all the tires, including the spare and added air as needed. The light is still blinking for about a minute when the car is started... Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas!?
dimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 21:32   #41
Thunderstruck
Veteran Member

Interesting. When I started my car this afternoon, I heard one ding, but by the time I got my head turned around from the back seat no lights were lit. It's pretty annoying when I feel like I have to carry my laptop and VagCom cable wherever I go in case the car acts up.
Old September 25th, 2010, 18:28   #42
forester77

My light came on yesterday at 4K miles. Checked all the pressures and all was good, so its off to the dealer next week...
Old September 30th, 2010, 08:43   #43
Rambler29

Default 2011 tpms

I have a 2011 JSW ...the tpms light came on...took it to the dealer and they found a wire underneath the car had been chewed through by... I suspect my new four month old kitten. They fixed it free of charge, which not being a VW fault was a nice gesture. For those of you that don't know the 2011's have a new system without individual tire sensors....anyway I can recommend Sisbarro VW in Las Cruces NM as a place to do business.
Rambler29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 12:10   #44
vschaos

Just had the light come on in my car. I called the dealership and will bring it by this evening. I mentioned this forum and what others have found....he mentioned that they generally check the tire pressure first..if light stays on or comes back they will then update the system.

vschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 08:59   #45
vschaos

Well on way to dealership the low tire pressure light went off just before I arrived The dealership stated my tire pressure was 32 in all tires so they pumped them up to 38. I drove home and all was well until this morning when the light came back on. So now that the light is back on I will have to bring it back in....ugg this sucks.

vschaos is offline   Reply With Quote