www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Forum and Web Page Info > TDIClub and TDIClub Forum News, Issues, Problems and Suggestions

TDIClub and TDIClub Forum News, Issues, Problems and Suggestions This is the place for updates on the website and forums. This is also the spot for forum questions, comments, ideas, gripes, requests, etc. This forum is NOT for posting problems about your car. Non-topic posts will be moved or removed.

Old October 21st, 2019, 21:00   #1
BKmetz
Administrator, Member #10

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG
Arrow A TDI Warrior Has Passed Away!

It is with great sadness that I inform the membership of TDIClub that one of the original members has passed on. Lance Allision passed away on Sunday, Oct 20th, 2019 due to complications from his long, long battle with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia or CML. He was 45.

Lance Allison joined TDIClub before the 1st generation forum went live in 1999. He was an early adapter of TDI advocacy with his 1998 Jetta. Although we lived 1 mile from each other, we never met until we noticed where we lived by our posts on TDIClub. He and I attended the first TDI fest in 2000. I watched him get his car chipped there by Rene Berube of Upsolute Chips. By our common interest in TDIs, we became fast friends. We often had Friday gin and pizza parties at my house with another local TDIer, Donny (DZCad90). Conversation was cars, watches, computers, and all things technical. He became part of my family and we were part of the TDIClub family. We could always depend on each other when it came to any kind of help for our cars. Lance's day-job in IT proved invaluable when my PC would act up.

We both bought MB diesels and helped each other work on them, along with our VW TDIs, either at his house or mine. Glenn (MoGolf) stopped by a few times and did timing belts for us. After watching Glenn I helped Lance change his timing belts on his Jetta. After Lance's trusty old Jetta was totaled (at 488k miles) he still hung around TDIClub and we always remained close friends.

I found some old photos. Lance changing oil on his Jetta at my place.

Lance changing either engine oil or transmission fluid in his MB 300SDL. That's me standing by, fetching tools and doing gofer duty for Lance. He loved that car and put almost as many miles on it as he did his Jetta.

Lance's Jetta after hitting a deer. Hard to believe but the car was NOT totaled and was fixed. Lance drove it for another 400k miles after that accident.

Lance's hoard of oils and additives. When Lance saw a sale he would stock up! Obviously! Call him up and ask, 'Hey Lance, have any oil you can spare?' His reply was, 'Yeah, how may cases do you want?' Yeah the garage was a mess. It was cleaned up soon after that. Enough so that two cars could park in it with lots of room to spare.

On Oct 4, 2019 I was at a car wash waiting for my car to get done. In walks Lance getting his MB S550 4motion washed! I hadn't seen him in quite a while. I knew his medical issues were slowly wearing him down so I gave him a lot of space and didn't bother him. I was actually shocked to see him out and about. When I did see him he was always in good spirits. I could see he was in a lot of pain at times, but he kept his spirits up. I believe this is the last photo taken of Lance. I am very, very proud I am in it.

There are photos of Lance at the 2000 TDIFest but I don't know where they are anymore. If anyone has photos from the 2000 fest, please search them and post any photos of Lance in this thread.

Lance, thank you for your time, friendship, and TDI advocacy. Requiesce In pace.

Drive more and worry less. Life is too short.

Brian, 2015 Passat SE TDI 6MT
Kathy, 2014 Passat SE 2.5
Chris, 2015 Passat SEL TDI

If ANYONE receives a PM/email from a TDIClub member shilling anything and they are NOT a registered vendor, please forward the PM/emails to me. To report spam, trolling, or any problem post, click the report post icon. (The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )

Last edited by BKmetz; October 25th, 2019 at 23:55. Reason: added information
BKmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 10:41   #2
hskrdu
Veteran Member

Thanks for posting this Brian.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 11:49   #3
GotEuroCorrado

my condolences. another fallen tdi soldier.
smoking deals on TIMING BELT KITS: http://tinyurl.com/ov57jfl
GotEuroCorrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 13:28   #4
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Man, so sad, and SO young.

Wish I'd have met him.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 13:44   #5
red16vdub
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 03 JSW 5spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotEuroCorrado View Post
my condolences. another fallen tdi soldier.

My deepest sympathy and condolences to Lance and his family even though we never met.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
17/56 turbo, RC ASV 5+ @ 28psi, 3 Bar Map, 11mm IP, PD Lift Pump, R520's, Rosten Rods, Arp Studs, Race Valve springs, McNally boost/egt, Euro FIS full Cluster, PD 150 Intake/racepipe, PD 150 plastic T.I.P + R32 maf air mods, Kerma 2.5" Fmic, Kerma 3" turbo back, SBC stage 3 Endurance, GLi brakes F/R , GLi axles, H&R Bilstein sports cup kit.
red16vdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 14:38   #6
tdi54
Veteran Member

My condolences.. even though I don't know him, he seems to be a nice fellow with good heart. RIP.
tdi54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 14:57   #7
Matt-98AHU
Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor

Fuel Economy: Depends on which TDI :)

RIP to a good dude. Not sure I ever met him, but I know BK well enough to be a good judge of character!

Sorry for your loss of a good friend, BK.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 15:27   #8
scurvy
Good Ol' Boy

TDI(s): 2006 Golf
Fuel Economy: ☠☭

My condolences to his family and to you, Brian. What an incredible spirit - thanks for helping remember him here.
scurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 23:49   #9
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

He sounds like a great guy. Far too young, sad.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2019, 07:14   #10
mrrhtuner
Veteran Member

Very sad to hear.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 13:39   #11
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Race: 12mpg, Gandma:65mpg

At least his memory here will live on. So sad to hear this and at such a young age. My sympathy and condolences for anyone who knew him. I will have a 5 minute of silence and a shot of gin tonight in his memory even though I never met him.
*Salute*
Mongler98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2019, 23:42   #12
mydecember1985
Veteran Member

So sorry to hear. Prayers and hope that his family will be OK financially.
mydecember1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2019, 07:05   #13
PeterV
TDIClub Enthusiast
HO5G Doyen & Zen Master

I also remember Wilmington and Lance getting chipped with Valois. That was a long time ago. With a very sad heart I send the deepest condolences to the family and to you also Brian. 20+ years of TDIs and friendship and memories warms the heart.
PeterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2019, 11:31   #14
Steve Addy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 97 Mk3

Condolences to his family, sorry that I never met him.

the magic triangle spins in the peanut and then apex seals come out
Steve Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2019, 11:46   #15
donDavide
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51/45/40

RIP, prayers to the family.