www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Eastern USA

Eastern USA Local discussions for those in the Eastern USA. (Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Washington, DC. New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia)

Old January 1st, 2019, 08:49   #61
SnowCub
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 25 mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
I didnít know they made an X3d.
Yep, sweet ride and Sheryl gets 35 mpg. Iím going to take the S since itís the only car that is comfortable for me.

I do want to check out the Model3 without a salesman yapping at me if possible.
2013 MB GL450, Big Blue, 76k miles, 17 mpg sure sounds nice tho.
...former TDI A4, B4V owner...
SnowCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2019, 16:55   #62
tomo366
TDI Lifer, Member #131

Tesla Salesman are OK at least the one I talked to was!
Sorry I couldn’t make it again this year hope everyone had a good time!
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black!
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2019, 18:57   #63
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s
Smile The best people ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW Derf View Post
Happy New Year everyone and have a good New Years GTG.
Happy New Year, Fred! Wishing you and the family good health and happiness.

Thanks to the V's for opening their home, once again, to our TDI community. It was great to reconnect with familiar faces, meet some new faces, and reminisce with the core crew. Mike and I had a great time. I miss you all very much!

Sorry to see that our little community is dwindling a bit, but it seems that a new interest is forming among our alternative fuel enthusiasts... electric! Still good to see the lift being used and some familiar TDI's making use of it for some basic maintenance and not traumatic needs.

Good friends, good food, the best people (and pets, cats and dogs alike) ever! Until next time (in another 6-7 years - hopefully not). haha.

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 15:39   #64
Jetter_Sprinta
Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor

Fuel Economy: Better than a Prius ;-)

Thanks so much Julie & Peter for another great GTG! Let's grant Hoagie his New Year's resolution to get a FFGTG in before next January!

Like Zippy said, it's a sign of wonderful people and good friendships that we 1) want to start off every year together and 2) can pick up the conversation from where we left off last time.

All the best for 2019.
Old January 2nd, 2019, 16:51   #65
Abacus
That helpful B4 guy

Fuel Economy: And the miles just keep ticking away

I agree, thank you for hosting yet another great HO5G GTG. It was great to see everyone once again and thank you to Lawson and Jason for letting me drive your Tesla, it was a great experience.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2019, 00:04   #66
TDIDaveNH
Left Lane Coal Roller at Large

It's always great to get up with the gang again, lots of familiar faces. Thanks as always to Peter & Julie for being such gracious hosts.

Thanks as well go to both Jason & Lawson for doling out test drives in their most amazing Tesla model 3, it is abundantly clear that the future has arrived. What a blast and a really interesting vehicle...5 link rear suspension, aluminum doors and steel shell & front fenders and on and on.

My photography is terrible! lol

Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:02   #67
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

We enjoyed this year's annual pilgrimage to New Hampshire to ring in the new year with our New England family. It's been fun sharing this evolution-in-transportation experience with you all.

Peter and Julie, thanks for hosting as always. We appreciate the good food, good company and great hospitality.

Dave, thanks for lending a hand with the tire rotation. Regarding the wear on the inner parts of those front tires, I think part of the car's great turn-in is due to quite a bit of negative camber. 15,000 miles is too long to go between tire rotations... we'll try to keep it at 5,000 from now on. We'll also have Tesla check the alignment and provide their input, just in case something is out of spec or there have been revisions to the alignment spec.

Last edited by VeeDubTDI; January 3rd, 2019 at 12:05.
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 20:58   #68
TDIDaveNH
Left Lane Coal Roller at Large

I wonder if the car can adjust the camber itself based on the way turns are taken
Old January 5th, 2019, 09:34   #69
Campbellonh
Veteran Member

I wish I had been able to make it this year. Looks like a good time was had by all. Happy New Year.
2019 Chevy Cruze Hatch TD, Blue, 14K
Campbellonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2019, 06:24   #70
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41

BravO, Lawson & Jason! Electric is in all of our futures! Youíre already there! When did you get it? I love the color. Is it AWD? As far as I can tell, all it needs is a head up display. I donít like turning my head, but I bet you get used to it mighty fast. Iíve test driven every variation but the roadster. I tested the insane mode in snowy last February, and it ate up the road in spite of the ice/snow. Iím getting a Y just as soon as I can get an off lease one in 7-10 years? Fortunately my TDI is running GREAT (a baby @ 140k), so I can wait! By then they all should be wireless inductive charging... endless charging, baby! Also, Tesla is the only reason I would go from a standard to a ONE SPEEDÖ (⚡️baby!)
I think Iím going to break it to my family that I have to come by for a visit next year. Itís pretty much the only time the Club gets together now. Nice to see everybody hanging out in our temple! Ok, the garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIDaveNH View Post
It's always great to get up with the gang again, lots of familiar faces. Thanks as always to Peter & Julie for being such gracious hosts.
Thanks as well go to both Jason & Lawson for doling out test drives in their most amazing Tesla model 3, it is abundantly clear that the future has arrived. What a blast and a really interesting vehicle...5 link rear suspension, aluminum doors and steel shell & front fenders and on and on.

My photography is terrible! lol

'05 5sp Golf GLS TDI - Rocket Chipped to 1.5, NB hoop style headrests, Mud Flaps, Euro style sideview mirrors (They're blind spotless!), and Koni FSD's (Talk about smoothing the bumps AND tightening the curves!!!)
Don't know how to use the search function? Click Here!

Last edited by BeetleGo; January 8th, 2019 at 06:54.
BeetleGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2019, 06:29   #71
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleGo View Post
BravO, Lawson & Jason! Electric is in all of our futures! Youíre already there! When did you get yours? I love the color. Is it AWD? As far as I can tell, all it needs is a head up display. I donít like turning my head, but I bet you get used to it mighty fast. Iím getting a Y just as soon as I can get an off lease one. ~7-10 years? Fortunately my TDI is running GREAT (a baby @ 140k), so I can wait! By then they all should be wireless inductive charging... endless charging, baby! Also, Tesla is the only reason I would go from a standard to a ONE SPEED (⚡️)!

I think Iím going to break it to my family that I have to come by for a visit next year. Itís pretty much the only time the Club gets together now. Nice to see everybody hanging out in our temple! ��
All-wheel-drive. We got it at the end of August and it has 16,000 miles on it already.

Inductive charging has a way to go. It very expensive and not particularly efficient right now. Plugging in has been a non-issue for us.
Old January 8th, 2019, 06:56   #72
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
All-wheel-drive. We got it at the end of August and it has 16,000 miles on it already.
Inductive charging has a way to go. It very expensive and not particularly efficient right now. Plugging in has been a non-issue for us.
Inductive charging is already available at Mercedes. Things are happening FAST. I fully expect that it will be the norm in 10 years. I park in the street. I canít plug in there.
P.S. Funny how the miles accumulate in things you want to DRIVE!
'05 5sp Golf GLS TDI - Rocket Chipped to 1.5, NB hoop style headrests, Mud Flaps, Euro style sideview mirrors (They're blind spotless!), and Koni FSD's (Talk about smoothing the bumps AND tightening the curves!!!)
Don't know how to use the search function? Click Here!

Last edited by BeetleGo; January 8th, 2019 at 06:59.
BeetleGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2019, 12:48   #73
PeterV
TDIClub Enthusiast
HO5G Doyen & Zen Master

Default Ho5G THANKS

To all our attendees: Julie and I have done 23+ GTG's here and this was the most different of all. NOT IN A BAD way. We had 3 TDI's in the garage and 2 EV's. OK The Tesla was a tire rotation and the Volt was a wiring mod. And all were familiar faces and great friends. No Noobies at all which is a sad forecast of our future. But to digress we had 7 yes 7 BUG*PWR winners here. A hearty thanks to those whom ventured form local and faraway places to be here. I hope a pic is posted soon with the winners.

To those all whom assisted is making this a great time is why we do this.

Lug Nut thanks for modding our dishwasher and the fishy to operate as they should.

Thanks to those who provided food and help is again why we open our house to you.

Julie and have just about gotten the house back into shape.

Huge thanks for the opportunity to see Zippy and Mike for a short visit from the West Coast.

2020 anyone? or should we plan on 02-02-20.
P&J
PeterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2019, 12:51   #74
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast

Hey Peter,

Sorry, I thought I had already posted the picture of the bug*pwr award winners. Here it is!

Sorry we missed getting Zippy in the photo.

From left to right: PeterV, Lug_Nut, Hamsterdiesel, Abacus, TDIDaveNH, compu_85
Old January 14th, 2019, 07:52   #75
compu_85
Gadget Guy

Fuel Economy: 3.3 Mi/kWh

I was glad someone thought to take that picture
compu_85 is offline   Reply With Quote