Scangauge Mount

najel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 5 speed
Hello!

I bought a car that came with a Scangauge II. The unit was installed with Velcro. I have been trying to find out what the proper way to mount this is, and it seems Velcro is the way the Scangauge manual suggests mounting it.

The problem I have is that with Velcro, it always seems to sag on one side, or sort of tip down over time. Is there an actual mount that the SG clips into or something like that? Any other suggestions for more permanent mounting?

najel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 5 speed
Thanks! I've looked at a lot of these threads already, and find either 1. pictures are dead or 2. reference to a mount like the Blendmount, that also uses Velcro, or the Scangauge marketed window mount, which uses Velcro as well.
I just find it hard to believe that Scangauge is so popular and doesn't have an option to be screwed to something or clipped into something.

To be clear on what I'm trying to do:

This is my current install. I am using a Panavise Indash mount that I customized to be able to fit both SG and my radion control panel on it. The radio has very strong magnets on the back as well as holes for screws, but the magnets hold it in place extremely well.
The SG on the other, as you can see, is sagging pretty good, and wiggles when I push buttons on it because of the Velcro attachment. As far as I can tell, it has no other way of attached it aside from making some kind of custom mounting cage?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
My way of mounting it and it is semi permanent.
Had a sheetmetal shop bend me some sheetmetal and covered it with MacTac.

Slides in-between the airvent crack and the dash.
Click the picture to enlarge.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Looks very nice! So how is the SG attached to the sheet metal?Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
I use GORILLA double sided tape and not only for this application. About $ 5.00 at Home Depot.

The scangauge has moved from my former 2002 Jetta to my current Passat. The same location above the air outlet.