X-Man's turbos for sale! 2260VK, 2260VKLR, PD170, hybrids, and more

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Octavia mk2 BXE + hybrid @175bhp/400Nm
You might want to fix that actuator situation on that one....

Also, where did that GTB2060VK come from?
I believe that the actuator is just fine, what other position would you suggest to fit it in???

GTB2060vk comes from Audi 3.0TDI but don't remember the exact model.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
I believe that the actuator is just fine, what other position would you suggest to fit it in???

GTB2060vk comes from Audi 3.0TDI but don't remember the exact model.

Its all wonky and will probably bind or wear out prematurely, look how crooked it is.

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Its all wonky and will probably bind or wear out prematurely, look how crooked it is.
ok I know what you mean but it is not as bad as it may looks like there was no way to move the actuator closer to the hot side on the bracket so the bracket was bent at required angle and it is all working just fine, the VNT mechanism doesn't really need that much force to be moved so I wouldn't really be worried about that (the spring inside the actuator is way more resistant). I know it doesn't look pretty in the picture but in reality it does work just fine and if I would have any concerns I would already send it back to my supplier to get it sorted.

Whit45

TDI
00 Jetta, 12' A3 DSG
Is there an upgraded direct bolt in turbo that would fit my '12 A3 CR 2.0 TDI with a stage 2 Rocketchip tune and a full Rawtek exhaust?

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Correct me if i am wrong but it appears to me he was using stock nozzles. I did not see anything on the initial screen that he upgraded the injectors....
yes stock injectors and nozzles, must have been in good shape though

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Is this a GTB1756VK welded to a 1.9 8V manifold?

Is this same price as earlier pictured GTB1756VK with bolt on manifold?
Hi,
yes this is welded on one, the price is £500 + £60 delivery + 3.9% paypal fee
braided oil feed £40
dp flange £20
DIY oil return extension kit £15

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
Here is a picture showing the GTB1756VK I got from X-Man mounted with his adapter plate to a BHW exhaust manifold on my AHU in my Mk3, for those who want to go this route:

There is one lug on the turbo that sticks out a bit too much - I cut mine off as I saw it recommended elsewhere on here. If you don't there will be some contact with the firewall insulation though not the firewall itself. Otherwise everything fits great, it is tight but no contact anywhere. Works perfectly with the factory AHU engine mount, no need for anything custom there. :D Downpipe getting fabricated tomorrow :D

skyking1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 beetle 2002 beetle
finally got the turbo, exhaust and intake on today. It works great!
I only have a 1.5 tune on it, and the old turbo would have an occasional spike to 22 PSI. Not good, probably worn and sticking vanes/actuator.
In goes the new hybrid, and it just boosts to 18 exactly. I can't wait to get a clutch and a proper tune for this setup.
Thanks again!

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Hi,
rebuilt PD150 turbo or PD170 based bolt on hybrid both £400 delivered within the UK waiting time 1-2 weeks

cheers

ThE_gOg

TDI
1.9 TDI PD 84, BRR, 2007 T5 Transporter
So the pd150 is standard, the hybrid will run the most power right? any idea of roughly what bhp is achievable with them?

Will the hybrid just bolt on with no other modifications required?

Are the prices above on exchange of my old turbo?

Cheers☺

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
yes the hybrid bolts just straight on 200bhp with PD150 and 210-215 with PD170 hybrid. There is third option a true PD170 GT1749vc turbo to fit ASZ it will require braided oil feed line and small adjustment of the boost pipe as the boost outlet is facing different direction. My supplier is working on it as we speak and I think it would be the best option as it will benefit from 3gen VNT mechanism.

And no I don't need your old turbo back.

cheers

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
ok got two GTB2260vk housings to go as pictured the cast iron one with dp flange £100 each

GTB1756vk, GTB2056vk and GTB2260vk also in stock

plus PD130/PD150 intake manifold £45

Last edited:

spesh

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 9k Caddy TDI (ALH)
X-man, possibly looking for a new turbo for my Caddy 9k and thinking about one of your hybrid turbo's

However the caddy gt1749 is offset more on the exhaust manifold. Fitting a 'normal' type manifold means custom rear mount and downpipe.

Is there a way you can build one with a caddy exhaust manifold/housing? I suppose I could supply one?

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
X-man, possibly looking for a new turbo for my Caddy 9k and thinking about one of your hybrid turbo's

However the caddy gt1749 is offset more on the exhaust manifold. Fitting a 'normal' type manifold means custom rear mount and downpipe.

Is there a way you can build one with a caddy exhaust manifold/housing? I suppose I could supply one?
Hi,
yes if your existing turbo it's still working ok it shouldn't be a problem to use it as a base for the hybrid. It will take 2-3 weeks though as I have to send it over to my turbo supplier to get it done. You can PM me for details.

cheers