Multivan 2.5 TDI Sighting

ddorrer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Tdi, 2012 JSW Tdi DSG (Sold w/80k miles), 2010 Sportwagen TDI 6spd (Traded)
I was at a WalMart in Winchester VA yesterday when my eye caught a late model VW Multivan in the parking lot. I thought that was odd and went over to speak to the owner. The van had euro plates on it from Spain. Turns out a couple imported the late model 2.5 TDI for a cross country vacation and will ship it back when done.

Very nice van! See VW... there is a need for a new T4 van in the US.

StayPuff

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
I REALLY wish VW would do that. I hate that VW branded Chrysler van they sell here in the States....it's an abomination IMO. If anyone reading this thread hasn't seen a multivan, check out the sales flyer for it from Germany: https://www.volkswagen-nutzfahrzeuge.de/de/modelle/multivan.html

WHO, in the market for a van, wouldn't want that?!! The club seating just rocks!!!!

And, oh yes ladies and gents, it comes in the 2.0 TDI flavor too!

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
And 6MT available. I feel like Homer Simpson looking at a glazed donut.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
We saw a TDI camper version of this van in Albuquerque when we were on vacation a couple of years ago. I spoke with the owner and asked how he got it here. He smiled a big smile and said, in a thick german accent, "On a ship." Same deal as the Spanish folks, this side of the pond for a trip through Canada, the U.S., and Mexico, then shipping it back home.

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
I saw something that looked like a multivan on I-35 southbound between Austin and San Antonio. Think it was called transporter or something and had Mexico plates